Advice on AM Radio

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCNub

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Hi all, i am wondering what recommendations you guys have for an AM radio because i have 3 27.145 AM crystals and i have two cars with the crystal type receivers.

i have seen a couple under sanwa, futaba, and hitec but i'm sure there are more out there.

i am unsure of my price range because i am still relatively new to the scene. but if possible, under $100.

on a side note, I've had a handful of people recommend the Spektrum transmitters but i am not going for a full-blown upgrade because i plan to just play around on my driveway, no serious racing.

all in all, thanks in advance for the advice

Id get a 2.4ghz Flysky GT3B Transmitter from www.hobbypartz.com. The Transmitter comes with a receiver for $40 and you can buy an additional receiver for $7.50. So for about $53 bucks (includes shipping) you can set up both your kits on a nice 2.4Ghz set up.

There is a reason AM is not in great use any more. From signal interference to limited range, its just not a very good method of transmission.

If you are just playing around, ANY type of FM would be better than AM and as has been mentioned, even a 2.4Ghz can be had for relatively cheap.

I'm still using a 20 year old am radio..... but I did order the gt3c.... figure time for a new radio...

Back