Aarma infraction mega easy speed upgrade

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am the same. Sh#t is better than poop lol. It takes the synonym for bad and turns it into excrement 🤣

Poop has it's place, love a good poop, but saying something is poopy is for talking to children.

Hey all..looking into buying the infraction mega brushed version. Stock it only goes about 23 mph I hear. It comes with a 55t spur and 15t pinion with a nimh battery. The 3s version comes with a 50t spur and 20t pinion and 3s lipo(obviously). I'm thinking I could easily put the 50t spur from the 3s(4$) and a 20 or even bigger pinion on it along with a 2s lipo. With this quick upgrade should be able to do at least 30-35. Has anyone done this? I don't have any big parking lots near me to run the 60mph 3s version but the mega at 30-35 would be perfect for the small school parking lot in my town. This upgrade would cost like 10$, hopefully the mega 9t and ESC can handle the stress of the bigger gears. Anyone who has tried this let me know if this is a good option. Love the look of the infraction.
I wound up with a 4000kv Spektrum brushless system in mine. It is 3s-capable, and all I need is an adapter. It does about 40mph on 2s lipos

I pulled the trigger and bought the mega slider from eBay. Getting a 120amp quicrun and rocket 3600kv 3660 motor. Putting in the 50T spur from 3s version and got a 21t and 26t pinion. Got 4 silver hoon tires from Amazon for a little over 50$ so they last longer. Ordered a 25kg high speed servo and steering bearings to replace bushings and metal motor mount. And got the driveshaft stabilizer and motor heatsink and fan. Waiting on the motor to put it all together. I didn't want to go too high on the motor kv, worried it would overheat on 3s. I'll let you all know once it's assembled. 40 on 2s is good, probably more practical for everyday parking lot bashing.

She's is ready to take for a rip this afternoon once it warms up, 19 this morn. Have the 50t spur and 19t pinion(hobbyshop didn't have a 20 in .8mod) with 3600kv motor. Hoping it will do at least 40-45 on 3s. I'll try the 26t pinion some other day.

IMG_20230218_082419828.jpg

IMG_20230218_082412228.jpg

Well it was a partial success. Ran good for a few mins then stopped moving, assumed the pinion came loose cause could hear the motor spinning. Took it apart and it was the slipper clutch came loose, tightened it and back in action. The esc fan wouldn't spin the second time so esc got a bit hot and thermal shutdown happened after 5 mins or so but it definetly went at least 40, prob 45+. Doesn't track super straight though, hoping the new servo when I get it will help that. So need a new esc fan but that's no biggy. Car runs super smooth, I like it a lot. Will check in after trying the speed pinion and fixing other issues.

Back