A great two wheel drive basher

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

traxxas t-maxx

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Okay if any of you are looking for a great two wheel drive basher get a duratrax nitro evader. I will bring the front end up anytime you want it to it evens will raise it up during the accleration incline. It has a lot of balls and takes one hell of a beating. Not one thing has broke except the transmission out of my own stupidty I over tightend the slipper clutch, and the steering servo which again was my own fault.

That was my first nitro........ it broke every time i ran it. Stock motor lasted less than 2 gallons. Go with an OS .18 CV-R. It will really open it up.

Well I beat the piss out of it yesterday and the only thing that broke was the steering servo but, that was because I hit something.

I'm not trying to bad talk you or the car in any way as I have had zero experience with it, but if it's durable shouldn't it stand up to crashes? Now I don't know what conditions the crash was under, but that's just what comes to my mind.

Just like alpine, it was one of my first nitros and it broke every time. The engine lasted a short time.

Some people's definition of durable differs from others. I had a buddy (acquaintance, really) That would badmouth traxxas left and right because his t-maxx broke every time he took it out. I went bashing with him one day and it turns out he downright abused his RC's. I can't think of one RC that can stand up to a jump 4 feet high at WOT on asphault that wont break something at one point or another. It's the nature of the hobby.

When I broke the steering servo it was probably going like 15 or 20 mph and I just caught one tire. It lifted the rear end up spun it around and back down.

I can't think of one RC that can stand up to a jump 4 feet high at WOT on asphault that wont break something at one point or another. It's the nature of the hobby.

Losi LST.....

Back