A bad Engine?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdsteph77

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i have a traxxas nitro sport and i think its overheating. i have the pro .15 and i run 30% nitro. i went into my local hobbie shop and they tryed to tune it up and they couldnt. i just ordered a temp gauge to check and see if it really is overheating. there has been more bad then good with this truck. I'm just looking for so advise if it sounds like its overheating or if its just a bad engine and if the pro .15 is just known for being a bad engine. thanks

moving this to Rc engines, someone will be along soon with some advice for you.

The Pro .15 engine is a pretty good engine,You may have an airleak at the carb base,rotator or the needles.The needles have o-rings that may be dried/split and leaking air......30% is a high concentration that will make an engine run cooler increasing compression/pinch thus producing more power and also wearing down the engine faster at the same time...I use 20% Trinity monsterbrew with a hot tip glowplug....Theres a mod you can do to the Pro.15 to give it the reliability and power it should have with a dremel tool set that turns the regular nitro TRX Pro.15 into a turbo engine...

Last edited:
I'd personaly wait till your temp gun comes in and check the temp first. Have you adjusted the needles back to factory set and retune from there? What Brand of fuel are you using? As said above in the last post have to checked it for air leaks around the carb and needles?

Doom

Last edited:
i use 20% i hear 30 % you have more power the engine dosn't last as long how good is the pinch? that makes a diff also. JT

Not true, I ran 33% in my T-Maxx 2.5 lasted 13 gallons, the other engine I have thats shot I ran 20% lasted 3 gallons.