9mm MOD

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JessF

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I've seen some nice aluminium rims out there with what looks like rim fire dummy rounds for weights.

The bead locks that come with the Axial ARTR model have holes which are almost large enough to accept a standard 9mm luger round. A few passes with a dremel drum and the hole fits the round snug.
http://www.greathobbies.com/productinfo/?prod_id=AXL8098

to add weight I just added 3 .22 pellets which were 14gr each and smashed them in with a hammer. I don't have a scale to weigh the final prodct but they're at least 42gr each for a total of 168gr per wheel.

a dab of CA glue ensure the pellets don't pop out.

P1020087.jpg

P1020085.jpg

obvious statment here. DON'T use live rounds dummy. go buy some fresh, EMPTY SHELLS, cheap cheap cheap. or ask a friend that does hand loading for some damaged shell, like i did.

The higher quality the pellet the better, they're more consistent in weight that way.

My buddy is running some rc4wd's with shells in em, just a simple add on like this... Nice job, definatly adds something to them for a cool look.

Any pics of them all filled and on the car? I've got a 9mm just itching to be fired in order to do this. :D

Back