5 inch tvps!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOPDOGG71

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
well i got my 5 inch longer tvps or 1/6 th scale frames any tips on ass. any thing i need to know?:badair:

Tips on ass? I take it you mean assembly.Having it be that much longer... I would make sure the drive train is secure.

5 inches longer!! Geeze. About the only tip I can give you is, plan your turns a week in advance.

Seriously, I'd like to see some pics of that puppy before and after.

5 inches loner than stock?? how thick are they? I'd consider getting from chassis braces for them.

yep 5.2 inches longer then stock and it comes with 2 extra braces.and the tvp are 4 mm thick and come with longer linkage for throttle and brake also comes with skid plate the dogbones and plates are garrented for life i have a before pic on the thread post a sav pic and will do more to show after when they are installed.so with these tvps and my spi rims and 5 mm hexs. my truck is 5 in longer 3 in wider. sorry sounds like braggen:p:

how is it extended? 5" in front, 5" in back, or 2.5" front and back.

as mentioned before, turning will suck but you will have plenty of room to work on stuff.

btw jon2. you wouldn't recognize your savage. :)

yep 5.2 inches longer then stock and it comes with 2 extra braces.and the tvp are 4 mm thick and come with longer linkage for throttle and brake also comes with skid plate the dogbones and plates are garrented for life i have a before pic on the thread post a sav pic and will do more to show after when they are installed.so with these tvps and my spi rims and 5 mm hexs. my truck is 5 in longer 3 in wider. sorry sounds like braggen:p:

5mm hex's huh? lol :D

sounds nice. hopefully you are going with X SS diffs to handle the extra weight. now would be a great time to move the throttle servo to the rear and make up some nice linkages.

Last edited:
not complety sure but new dog bones look to be bout the same length i will take some pics of tvps and parts and let you see

Get some comparison pics if you can. I'm interested in seeing these.

here is a pic not the best shot but the 3 ft level says they are 17 in long

Attachments

• DSCF0118.JPG
    DSCF0118.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 124
14mm hexs 5mm thicker then stock u got me lol:stick:

that should be 19mm then or 22mm if you are talking about the SS.

i would think they would be 17 or 23..........

truck came with 17mm hexs i changed to 14mm hexs because of my alum spi rims i also got hexs that are 5mm thicker then stock to make it 5mm wider at each wheel to ad to the 2 3/8 wider my new wheels made my truck to make it 3in wider over all did i say it right that time?lol

The X series came with both 14mm and 17mm adapters.

yep my x had both but the cvds i got from hi iq came with 5mm thicker 14mm hexs they are very cool&strong:iris:

truck came with 17mm hexs i changed to 14mm hexs because of my alum spi rims i also got hexs that are 5mm thicker then stock to make it 5mm wider at each wheel to ad to the 2 3/8 wider my new wheels made my truck to make it 3in wider over all did i say it right that time?lol

yep. now i gotcha

I saw a review for this setup in Rc Car action a few months ago. Kinda cool, but wayyy to expensive. Between the price of the savy and the extensions, you could have a Baja and some left over $$.

that is to true 500 bucks way to much! my kit is maybe a tick smaller and dont come with bode but its 105 bucks! get a proline losi bode for 35 bucks you got 140 bucks total! and a lifetime warrenty on tvp+dogbones check out rc celler on ebay and tell them topdogg71 sent ya! these tvp are great before and after pics on or b4 sun 3/11 my bad i looked into the kit a little farther ad my spi rims 130 bucks and you got the same size truck for 270 bucks and the rims have a life time garrenty as well.

Last edited: