3 shoe clutch?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitroWannabe

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Is a 3 shoe clutch better than a 2 shoe clutch? I'm thinking it just grabs better since it has the extra shoe. Grabs better, slips less, more low end power?

What are you going to be putting it on?

XXX-NT & Kyosho buggy

Well I know they hook up real well in on-road. I have thought about the 3 piece alum in the maxx a couple of times but never did it.

I use the stock in the XXX-NT and it works very well. I have yet to run my buggy so I can't comment on that.

For onroad though, I think its the choice of most.

I'm trying to find an article on the Centex (I think thats how its spelled??). Its a cintrifugal style clutch and is supposedly the best hook up around. But the price is around 125$ just for the clutch.

Anyone else have a 3 piece in anything other than an onroad?

-Chris

Its spelled "centax" silly bear :p These clutches are extremely adjustable, i have one on my gt-4 pro, runs great, hard as hell to assemble and set up tho. Not reccommended for new ppl. To adjust the engagement, just stick a wrench and turn the set screw on the clutch, and WHAM instant adjustment with no dissasembly.

..................................:stupid: