.21+ big blocks in place of small blocks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NooP

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I saw a kit of ebay that sold for about 20 dollars that allowed you to put a .21 big block into an nitro rs4. Has anyone else heard about this? Scam? Anyone know how to put big block engines into Nitro RS4's?

--NooP

I just got myself a kit from Wolfgang, New Era makes one as well and I've seen the much cheaper RCP kit which I'm not sure of. I'm sure you're referring to that RCP kit that's on ebay right now, it seems to just include an instruction manual and engine mounts for $23.

The more expensive kits such as Wolfgant has a sliding adjustable engine mount, a vented flywheel, clutchnut and the New Era is about the same minus the adjustable engine mounts- both hovering $60-70.

Do you know any websites where I can see pictures or read literature?

--NooP

That will be crazy on a 1/10 scale on-road. You will be tearing up tires like crazy.

Not just tires but gears, bones and everything else you better beef that thing up a little bit to handle the power of a 21. Hope you have any suspension issues worked out with it too. My RS4 used to just spin out for no apparent reason. Stiffened up the springs, shock oil and added sway bars and it took care of it. Good luck man

Its actually more like a 1/12 scale. I have a nitro RS4 Mini, but I have regular RS4 A-arms on it, so its just as wide as a regular rs4, but a lot shorter. It handles real good right now with my cv .15, but that only make .65bhp. I'm looking to find an engine that makes somewher close to 2.0 bhp. I have an ofna force .21 right now. I might just order a kit and put the force in my rs4 and put a bigger engine in my Ofna. but yeah, I prepared to see my gears start shredding/melting.

--NooP

I don't have personal experience with that car but it sounds like you might have a problem with dog bones, diff gears, and most of the driveline components. I would definitely recommend upgrading the brake disc for sure.

Back