2003 Champs.. Marlins!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

RaCinJason399

I knew they could do it.. I said it was going to take six games and it did and that was a good game tonight... beckett can pitch.. shutout and only 5 hits... thats awsome. Too bad for the yankees theres a new team to take their place!

2003 World Champions The Florida Marlins!!!!!!!

And u live in New York! Ur a disgrace!! :trout: lol
Florida did win and I tip my hat to them. They deserved it.

GO MARLINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i had no doubt. BECKETT IS THE MAN!!!!!!!!!

after all you yankees fans stop crying you can come back here and bow to us. hahahaha

what a series though. super close games down to the wire every night.

Not only did they win, but they shut NY out in NY to win the series!!! How sweet it is, it was a great series, with a great ending.

Bow to who!!! I gave credit for them winning, it's only their second world series! Marlins are no where near the Yankees. We are and always will be the best franchise ever! :hehe:

Marlins are also only in their 11th season, and have won the world series both times they have been in it. How old are the Yankees, 100? give or take a few years.

Gentlemen,
I will indeed give credit where credit is due. I will not be one to sit and say the only reason they won is because NY played poorly. Yes, the Yankees played horribly. But I also recognize that they were without a doubt outplayed in all aspects by the Marlins. In the end, it can be said that the better team did win. So I tip my hats to Florida. This year they were the much better team.
HOWEVER....lets not get carried away proclaiming them the next dynasty in major league baseball. That reputation has to be built on more than one Series title. Yes, they won a few years ago. But the genius who owned the team at the time thought it was wise to deal off all the talent that got them there. They (as does every team in every other major league sport) has a long way before they catch up to the success and prestige that NY holds.
Congratulations Marlins. You guys worked and played hard and earned every ounce of this title. And remember, you are now the ones in the crosshairs. And we will see you next season. You best be ready!!!!!

I was more than half inebriated at the time but I think they played a very good game. Yankees could have done a MUCH better job. Too many errors and mis throws by the infielders. The Marlins pitcher just kisked ass too.

I'm not a baseball fan (or any sports for that matter) I just find it too boring to watch on TV. But I have to say that I've been glued to the tv for the last 6 games. The Marlins made things interesting and showed the Yankees that they can't just rely on their name and history. While the Yankees may just be the Greatest of all time, the Marlins definitly showed them whos King for the Season.

Congrats to the Marlins!!! That was a sweet game. I loved Becketts response to a question during his interview. He said something like "Its weird that we don't have a game tomorrow." and then he said "I am looking forward to going deer hunting." Deer hunting!?!?! YOU JUST WON THE WORLD SERIES! lol. For being 23 he seems to have a pretty level head.

Originally posted by NCNitro
Marlins are also only in their 11th season, and have won the world series both times they have been in it. How old are the Yankees, 100? give or take a few years.

thats what i've been trying to tell everyone!

how is a team thats only been around for 11 years going to win that many championships. the yankees have been around since baseball started. they had more than their share of opportunities to win it. especially with the players they had back then.

the marlins had no big names this year. with mabe the exception of pudge. yeah the yankees did seem to be playing a bit poorly, but not that poorly. our pitching and our defense is just unstoppable. add that with timely hitting and you've got yourself a winning team.
oh yeah not to mention that their manager jack mckeon has some kind of connection with god lol. everything that man does seems to work out perfectly.

Blah Blah! I'm PISSED!

But thats ok - The Yankees first phone call was probably to find out how much they can buy Beckett for hehehehe

A Respectful Congrats to the Marlins though.

Back