1/28Th Scale electric info needed!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Throttle

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I quess this is the only place to put a thread of 1/28TH scale electrics, so here goes, I'm looking for info on 1/28th scale cars for my basement and I was looking at the mini z's for this purpose. My question is, is there any other makes in the 1/28TH scale and if there are, are they worth buying? I heard of the xmod but are they worth the money? Thanks.

Go Kyosho or bust. Dont even think of thsoe XMod things they dont even compare. to the handling on a mini-z and the controllers suck too. only thing they have goin for em is looks.

Mini-Z's all the way if you want to go small. They're a great bang for the buck. If you want an awesome track and have the $$$, consider a track from RCP: http://www.rcp-tracks.com/. One of my LHS's has a track by them and it's fantastic -- especially with foams (they run M18's, Mini-Z's, and other similar-size cars).

- Chris

have you looked at 1/18th? like the micro rs4? I have a mini-t (1/18th) and built a track in my back yard 20ft X 20ft that is enough room for us to race.

Scott - start here, this guy's got a pretty good mini site that will answer anything you need to know about minis, and lots of links to the necessary resources.

Thanks for your input guys, I really appreciate it. I will pickup a Kyosho min-z hopefully before Xmas. Dougc, I looked at the 1/18TH scale and that's too fast for my basement. All I want is a basement racer for the winter months. The 1/18TH are really nice but I'm picking up a NTC3 this spring for my outdoor use. Anyways, thanks alot for the info.

Scott.

Well, I broke down and bought a 1/18th scale HPI micro RS4. I thought of getting a mini z for basement racing but I picked up micro RS4 for for $79.00 shipped. I could not pass it up. I'll wait until after Xmas and pickup the electroncs. I can't wait to basement bash.

Scott.

Last edited:
That is a good deal... never owned a mini-z but I am sure you will be happier with a micro rs4

I know everyone is talking about the M18 and how much better it is but for basement running, I will not see a difference. I just need electronics. Does anyone have suggestions on which ESC and servo to use? Thanks Scott.

Hey Dougc, How about something in the $25.00 range that is rated at 25 amps? I'm a poor man with two kids and a stay at home mom. Any ideas? Thanks. :cheers:

I have a few mini z's and race at the Cp Mini Raceway. They have a custom body and mounting system to fit lexan bodies that we paint up as nascar. with these, you don't need to get the electronics. they come RTR. you can go to www.miniraceway.com for the LHS site or www.mini-zracer.com to learn more about the 1/28th scale. there is also a lower lever 1/28 called the iwaver. they will be coming out with a nice 10 model memory TX. enough rambleing here is a photo of my Mini Z F1 with a Nascar truck body on it
126-2694_IMG.jpg

Looks like mini z's would be alot of fun Paul,thanks for the pic. I might be over my head in cost with buying the Hpi micro because I was trying to keep my cost down. I am only using it for running in the basement in the winter. I now have to buy a ESC,servo and transmitter. Does anyone know of a setup like this for $60.00 or less? Thanks.

Back