1/16 Revo VXL Brushless

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kswiencki

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I've picked up the new 1/16 revo.. Lets just say I'm very impressed. I never thought you could get that much power electrically! So so easy to control in the air! Easier than my 1/8 scale buggy... I'm only running the stock gear and 1 NiMh.. I've go the Y adapter for the dual batteries, but I think it will be too fast... Lipo would be insane!

Took some pics at the skate park.. had a blast there.. broken already.. I'm not going to run it at the park again...
001.jpg

005.jpg

195.jpg

196.jpg

nice pics
sounds like you had an awesome time with it

yeah, like already broken fun! it handled most of the skatepark, but I landed wrong the last jump... assesed the damage, looks like a chassis and bulkhead in the rear... No more skatepark lol...

No more skatepark lol...
Famous last words... ;)

Skate parks are hard on these things, but they sure are fun. It's cool to see 8-10 feet of air under your truck as you jump it over yourself. Sucks when you land wrong though. Concrete and big air are not a good combination.

just got in from running mine. these things are fun! wanna get a lipo really bad

how long this things last per charge?

They last about a good 20-25 minutes.... Well, thats what I've experienced... I was doing wheelies all day long with it the first 2 batteries. The other two batteries where at the skatepark.... They run strong the entire battery, but for some odd reason its performing a whole lot better about half way through the battery.... odd?

Has anyone ran the dual battery setup yet? I have the connector and a few batteries, but I think its plenty fast enough with only one!

Those look really sweet....I am thinking really hard about the 16.8 E-Maxx....Question does your lil Revo take standard 2.2 rims and tires?

They last about a good 20-25 minutes.... Well, thats what I've experienced... I was doing wheelies all day long with it the first 2 batteries. The other two batteries where at the skatepark.... They run strong the entire battery, but for some odd reason its performing a whole lot better about half way through the battery.... odd?

What brand/type/cell count/MAH packs are you running?

30 minutes on a NiMH pack? Heck... I may look into getting one of these for those "quiet" days ;)

how durable are thes things??? i want one but it looks week up close

um.. lets talk about stupid fast....... finally got the sac to try the dual batteries... if it was any lighter, it would compete with the savage flux.. for back flips...... insanely fast! ridiculous! like keeping up with 1:1 traffic on a main road!!!!! this thing NEEDS a wheelie bar.. like yesterday.. or a center diff..... something to keep the front end on the ground :)

Hey Kswiencki, with the DX3S do you need to bring the receiver antennea wire out of the battery box? Also what receiver are you using?

Last edited:
I think I'm grabbing one this weekend, They look like so much fun.

Back