Cvd

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jk6672

RCTalk Talkaholic
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Which brand would be the better choice for CVD's?

Traxxas
Vantange
THS
MIP

I'm not sure of any other brands that make them for the Revo.

MIPs :D I wont buy any other kind of CVds, MIPs are bomb proof.

I'll second that motion, lol MIP's kick butt, when I was running my brushless emaxx I had them front, rear, and center with spools front and rear and never had a problem. I was also running Proline 40 serries wheels with moab xl tires.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M835 using Tapatalk

MIP without a question. Used them on all my brushless minis before my mERV.

The mips are tough, but the traxxas ones have boots. They are still plenty tough and last forever.

wow, I thought I read somewhere that the MIP's where something to stay way from. Thanks. BTW- do they come with boots?
I've been trying to get some THS for over a month but they are out of stock. I bought there center's and had to grind down the cup to fit on the end of the rear brake kit.

Last edited:
Just grabbed a set from ebay, If I like them I'll grab another set for revo #2.

A set of which brand? The big problem with mip is the way they attach to the shaft. They use grub screws instead of a pin.....been there done that, got a bent trans output shaft to prove it.

I never had a problem with not having boots on my MIP's, ran them through mud, dirt sand ETC., as for the grub screws just make sure you use some blue Loc Tite on them. The boots look cool but I don't think they are needed, JMO.

The center drives on a revo don't have much angle, so you'll be fine.

I have used a ton of MIP. they are really good stuff. I HAVE broken them before but that was over powered engine and binding....THS makes really good exhaust but I am not fond of the CVDs. The drive cups wear to fast.

I really like my traxxas cvds.. haven't broke one yet, and I have a spool in the rear

Back