LRP.28 vs Axial .28

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revo6929

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey everyone i am converting my revo into a big block and i have my eyes on two motors. the LRP.28 and the Axial .28. Do anybody know which motors is more reliable and more powerful.

Without a doubt in my mind, it would be the LRP. Axial engines aren't as reliable. They tend to not have consistency in their build quality.

Thankz i appreciated, it i was leaning towards the LRP cause i should have known that 100.00 bucks for something reliable is to good to be true.

Didn't like my axial 28

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I had two Axial....both sucked and were weak. It is Yugo Vs Corvette. Hmmmm I wonder who will win. The LRP are great engines for the price.

I agree with the above posts 100%

okay let me ask you another question is worth even doing the big block conversion or should i just get the picco .26 red dot for the revo?

I have A Picco .26 Maxx in my Revo. All you really have to change out is the motor mount. The accessories from the 3.3 bolt right up to it. The Red Dot has a bit more power than the Maxx, btw.

I have a .26 picco in my 2.5 reve and it is a beast and it runs with anything. I woud go with the picco .26. It is an awesome engine and it was very easy to install

Get the .26 red dot and port and polish the crank and port and polish the sleeve and get a 053 side pipe.crazy power!!

Okay i got my new era bb mount today and i just ordered the lrp .28 off ebay and i can't wait. I put the forward only kit in this week, mounted a fresh wing, and put on a fresh set of wheels. I have 1 problem i dont know what flywheel and clutch setup to use. I dont want to modify anything. Do anyone know if theres a 3 shoe clutch and flywheel setup i can use on my revo?

ON E BAY THERE IS A GUY SELLING (3) SETS 9 total mugen aluminum clutch shoes for $20 crazy deal.i have bought a couple of sets.and 1.1mm Clutch springs. i use them on my revo 3.3 that has a .26 max jl red dot ported and polished crank and sleeve.and on my mini mgt 3.0 that has a lrp z.28r spec 3.they hold up great!!!! for your revo i would recommed 17t clutchbell and 36t spur gear.the best of both worlds,torque and speed.anything lower and that.28 will just rev way to high way to fast set your slipper clutch just at the pin snapping range.trial and error till you get it right.after i did my revo conversion i was always snapping the pins in the trans.so i went and bought two of everything i needed and had a friend who had electronics that could measure the force so right at the snapping point is where i have my slipper set now.max performance and have never had a problem since.or you could just get the integy revo clutch set off of ebay for around $15 comes with the flywheel and shoes and springs.hope that helps.by the way the best pipe for that .28 is a 053 (low and mid) or 086 tuned pipe (higher top end).

Last edited:
The 053 isn't a good choice for that engine, the 086 is much better as far as conventional pipes go ;)

okay thankz alot for the info. will i have to do any mods?

---------- Post added at 8:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:33 PM ----------

okay thankz for the info. will i have to do any mods to fit the clutch

maybe a few shims?? just use the 36t spur gear,17t clutch bell.and get the integy revo 3.3 3 shoe aluminum clutch kit.If you are trying to save a couple of bucks.Or go with the mugen 3 aluminum clutch shoes and 1.1mm springs. but since you got the new era big block mount you can move that more than the ofna mount.so 36t and 17t will work great for you.

Well I'm almost done with this big block conversion lol. i spent a poop load of money to get it this far. Now i have the pipe problem. i want to keep it in the rear of my revo, and I'm having trouble finding a pipe that will fit and also letting my engine breathe. do any of you guys have any ideas. Also how do you post pics on this site. Thankz

2012-03-04160642.jpg
[/IMG]

---------- Post added at 4:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:21 PM ----------

2012-03-04160503.jpg
[/IMG]

Here are a few picks of how far i am so far

---------- Post added at 4:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:26 PM ----------

everything went well. The CB and spur gear lined rite up without shimming or moving the tranny. The throttle set up that came with the New Era mount is junk. So i ordered the tekno throttle set to see if thats any better.

Last edited:
Ths racing makes one that is a rear pipe. And works good for the.26 red dot.part#ths1046b.make sure it is the 1046b. B for big block.as for the air filter closed to the spur gear.i used a motorsaver filter and works great.no more cuts from the spur gear.

How does the 26 red dot work with a JP-series 1,2,3, or 4 pipes?

I've got the THS 146B and I'm happy with it.

6924516173_b8507d1687_b.jpg

Last edited: