Reverse switch on Transmitter

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REVO-5309

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys. my reverse servo gears are smashed so havent been using it. but just went and had a play before and noticed when i hooked the shifting channel up to the steering servo the only time it moved is when i shifted on the transmitter (factory controller) and then switched off the power to the revo and turned it back on again. and same with going the other direction.... it only moves the once

so my question is, is this a transmitter problem or will those servos only do that one movement? to my understanding it seems that the servos shouldnt be bothered and just move either way??

If you connected the steering servos to channel 3 (reverse shifting), they will only move when you move the shifting button on transmitter. What you describe is normal.

Channel #3 it is an on/off type switch, it will not act like the steering or throttle. Servos are fine.

Bigger question; why did you connect steering servos to channel #3?

yeh i know its either one way or the other and doesn't smoothly go between. but to make it move at all i have to switch the revo off and when it turns back on is when it makes the movement. then if i try hit reverse/forward again it will only move if i switch the power off and on again....

---------- Post added at 9:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:54 AM ----------

ahh disregard. i plugged the steering servo into the ch3 on the traxxaslink receiver and it works like its suppose to. just doesn't wanna do it through the optidrive thing. is that normal?

With no opti-drive you just have to make sure you stop before changing gears. You also have no low voltage protection.

yeh i know that much. but is there a reason that the 2075 servo isnt doing what its ment to do, or does it have to be the 2065 servo for it to work? I'm just confused at why the 2075 servo isnt doing it unless i plug it straight into the traxxas link receiver.

At this point I'm confused as to what it is that you want.

Plug the steering servo into channel 1.

Plug the throttle servo into channel 2.

Remember to stop when shifting between forward and reverse.

fixed after hitting up traxxas support. just had to reset the optidrive and all works now.

Back