I'm about to tourch this my revo !!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitronoob116

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
ok so i got my redo 3.3 from a buddy of mine. he said if i got it up and running it was mine. awesome deal right? hell no !! so i got it up and running and noticed i had a few minor problems,

1. truck started up and ran for a bit then stalled.
2. leaned hsn problem still existed.
3.leaned the lsn ,still same problem
4 changed to pull start.
5. needed new o ring for gas cap and new fuel lines check ..
6. problem fixed. ???? yes no more stalling out until engine seemed to run hot.
7. took to the hobby shop they tuned said needed new motor no compression.
8. adjusted idle and lsp & hsn , new fuel clean air filter and glow plug
9.truck ran until reached high speed then bogged out
10. readjusted needles
11. got to run stalls right out
12. got engine to run i am now wearing what was in the motor.
13. will not crank anymore

please help me I'm already balding at 29 i need to keep as much hair as possible. i hope someone knows what i need to do instead of replacing the motor..:angry:

You need to put it at factory settings and try that.
1mm idle gap, or a small paper clip.
Flush low speed needle, or 1.5-1.75 turns out.
Hsn 4-5 turns out, 5 if it's cold outside.

I've tried and still doesn't seem to want to crank over

---------- Post added at 6:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:00 PM ----------

trying it again fingers crossed this has been join on for 2 weeks

Traxxas has a mill trade-in program which you might want to look into seeing as your mill is worn. Or get it pinched. Either way it gonna cost ya a bill.

---------- Post added at 6:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:07 PM ----------

And good luck!

ok it cranked over gave it gas died out again seemed like it kept flooding so i took the glow plug out and flipped the car upside down and drained it readjusted and still no luck

---------- Post added at 6:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:24 PM ----------

whats the mill trade in ?

---------- Post added at 6:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:25 PM ----------

oh and now my pull start decided when it wants to retract in. I'm only doing 10" pulls and its locking up so now i gonna pull it all the way out to get it to retract back in. the guy at the hobby shop installed it for me.

What are your carb settings at currently?

Pop the cooling head off and take a peak at things.

Trx 3.3s can be found on Ebay brand new for about 90-110 dollars which is the same money it will cost for a trade in. Or you can get a piston and sleeve for about 50-60 dollars. Which in my opinion makes the trade in program pointless.

Unless the OP feels confident enough to swap the piston and sleeve he's gonna have to have his LHS do it which puts him over a Bill. Again. Making that pointless. IMHO.

i got it set about 4 mm about the size of a paper clip i turned the lsn to almost flush and 1/4 turn lean and the hsn 3.5 tuns out.

---------- Post added at 7:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:58 PM ----------

i have a new piston sleeve but then probably have to replace the bar rings and i don't know a whole lot about replacing that stuff but i appreciate the response

ill check it out i had it set to about that and still bogging out

Did you get the owners manual? If not check out youtube there are some good videos on there on how to rebuild and break in nitro engines. If you already have the piston and sleeve you might wanna give it a try. These engines aren't that complicated once you get into them. I find it quite enjoyable myself. Like I said earlier you can get brand new 3.3s on Ebay for the same money it would cost you to trade yours in. You can can get a new one and keep the old one to rebuild and have as a spare.

Yeah taking it apart isn't hard one bit. I just did it last night.

The hardest part is getting the rear crank bearing out. I put the engine block in the oven at about 325 for 10 minutes and then lightly tap them out with a wooden dowel rod.

Okay, question time: You say you just took it apart last night... Did you seal it real well? Make sure the carb is squarely seated? If you are sucking in air its gonna lean her out badly.

alright guys i replaced the piston and the sleeve all of 30 mins or so cleaned the motor really good got it all put together wanted to crank but stall right out did my adjustments and still nothing now my go* da** pull start won't retract back in again!!!!!! I'm really getting PIS*** OFF !!!! any suggestions ??

Is the one way bearing for the pull start in correctly? You should be able to see the writing on the bearing, if not flip it around.

Try loosening the screws that hold the pull start on just a bit. It will bind sometimes if they are too tight.

Always preheat your engine before starting it. Works much better if you get it to 130-150F before trying to start it. They don't work very well until at least 160F.

Is the one way bearing for the pull start in correctly? You should NOT be able to see the writing on the bearing, if not flip it around.

Try loosening the screws that hold the pull start on just a bit. It will bind sometimes if they are too tight.

Always preheat your engine before starting it. Works much better if you get it to 130-150F before trying to start it. They don't work very well until at least 160F.
;) Fixed.