Cool Upgrades?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REVO-5309

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys, just wondering what upgrades are worth while for my revo.

i was thinking something along the lines of vented disc, aloy arms??? anyone else got some suggestions.

I would go with rpm arms honestly, alloy bulks and shock towers maybe.

Stay WAY away from aluminum A-arms. If you hit some thing and they bend...it is all over for them. I agree with RPM or Techno arms. They are good stuff. Let see you can do the center alloy skid cage...that is a good upgrade. The sway bar kit is good stuff. Do the single steering servo upgrade. Wheelie bar, rear wing mount... The Revo just does not have the hop ups that a lot of other RCs have really.

RPM and the FREE lifetime replacement against breakage is a no brainer for me!! I've had plenty of RPM products but can only recall having to send back 1 a arm for replacement after hitting a lightpole at wot!!! And still only broke 1 a arm. Solid product line!!!

yea i have rpm pn y 3.3 tmaxx and 3.3 revo i have hit lots of things and they hold up awesome

I vouch for RPM arms too! Had the alloy ones to start with and learnt the hard way, all it took was one nasty head on with a large rock! Now with the RPM's its head ons to my hearts content!! Oh and the true track rears are fantastic. Upgrade your toelinks ad push rods too if your big on bashing like me and maybe a roll cage too!

Another vote for RPM.
Never liked the stock pipe. Swap out the exhaust. THS has nice set-ups.

Add-ons
I'd upgrade the stock rocker arm push rods with Traxxas red 7075-T6 aluminum.
Swap out the stock turnbuckles for Lundsford Ti - although those Traxxas aluminum ones look pretty sweet.
Replace the two steering servos with one good one.

I also like a good set of beadlocks, too.

Back