What is the best fuel for my traxxas jato 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jato3.3

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I used to buy traxxas top fuel from my local hobby shop. But then a worker in the rc department told my to use byron fuel. What would be the best fuel for my car? :help:

Welcome. Anything will be better than Traxxas fuel. Byron's is as good as they come, as are Sidewinder and O'Donnell's.

Welcome from Rio Grande Valley Mission, Texas.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks

my local hobby shop's head of rc said that top fuel is :dancingpoop:
so he turned me to the other fuel that they stock, which is byron,
thanks a lot this is what i joined for

Traxxas puts a higher oil content into their fuel, which is what their motors are based around. They are a hotter burning motor. That is what the owners of the 3 lhs in my area, and the traxxas rep said. In other words, the fuel is made for their motors, but sucks in all others.

well looking at all the research i have done ill probably go with byron instead of top fuel that is what every body is saying. well look at it this way my cousin has a tmaxx and his motor blew up because of top fuel

you can't blame fuel for a motor malfunction. Its either mechanical error, or user error.

Traxxas Top Fuel IS the best fuel for Traxxas engines. I've been down this road and speak from experience. Don't buy into the hype about other fuels from people that are spreading the "he said, she said".

Traxxas Top Fuel IS the best fuel for Traxxas engines. I've been down this road and speak from experience. Don't buy into the hype about other fuels from people that are spreading the "he said, she said".

like i said, they deisgned their fuel around their motors

Alpine is right. They're stuff goes hand in hand. If you run Byrons - which is good fuel - you WILL run hotter and need to compensate by richening it up significantly.

i dunno if this will be considered off subject or not, but if i'm running a traxxas vehicle, should i run traxxas fuel? apparently thats almost what u guys are stating?

Doug - Yes, I highly recommend running Traxxas Top Fuel in Traxxas engines. They just run better with their brand fuel. They stay cooler without the loss in power due to needing to be tuned richer, they idle more stable, blah blah blah. I had tried to run Odonnel and Byrons in a 3.3 and liked neither of them (both fuel are good, I prefer Odonnel though), but TRX fuel just makes TRX engines run better overall. As Alpine has already stated, those engines are designed to run that fuel. There is a big difference between Top Fuel and other brands of fuel of the same nitro content as far as cooling ability. They don't spend big bucks on R&D for nothing.

I know most people don't like Top Fuel in other engines but I broke in an RB mill last year with TRX 20% and it was a gravy break-in. I plan on breaking in my RB .28 with it too as well as my RB .12 with TRX 10%. I don't see why people don't like it. Maybe the other brands provide more power but I can't imagine the power difference is going to make up for lack of driving skills on the racetrack. On the other hand, if your just bashing... why be that concerned over a little bit of extra power? As a basher I just want to know that my engine is getting enough lubrication.

The best fuel i have ever run is Losi Nitrotane. It is some great stuff, made my T-maxx run hot as hell, so i used 20% top fuel in it, but all my other nitros i ran Nitrotane.

I use trx 20% its fine for bash'n but I have noticed that do to the oils and castors they put in, it likes to gum up in the winter time :-(

Has anybody else experienced this?

I use trx 20% its fine for bash'n but I have noticed that do to the oils and castors they put in, it likes to gum up in the winter time :-(

Has anybody else experienced this?

Ahhh....I am real new at this RC stuff so I am not sure but doesn't all RC fuel gum up? Isn't that why we do(or are supposed to do)after run cleanup and oiling?

Scott

Yea ur right, but what i'm talk'in bout is gumming up more than other fuels do in the winter time. Does that make since or am I catch'n flies here.

Back