O.S 18tm fuel

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scoobydoo2u

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hello i know every one thinks different but i have no idea what fuel should i use?! i am a BASHER and i want power but good engine life out of my 18tm
thanks!

I use 30% odonnells.Love it.I am aon my 3rd gallon

What does your LHS carry?

hmm not really sure not a hobbie shop for like 40 mins from here so i order all mine online so just about any kind i want theres a big selection:celebrate:

Don't take this the wrong way or if you can't drive maybe I'm off base but for what you are spending in the HAZMAT charges for shipping fuel, you can probably buy an extra gallon or so at the store when you go. If I were you I would take a ride to the LHS even though 40 minutes isn't that local and see what they stock.

Don't take this the wrong way or if you can't drive maybe I'm off base but for what you are spending in the HAZMAT charges for shipping fuel, you can probably buy an extra gallon or so at the store when you go. If I were you I would take a ride to the LHS even though 40 minutes isn't that local and see what they stock.

That...or call them! I ran Trinity MHP 30% in mine and it ran like a top! May have to shim the head, though. Trinity MHP 20% is a good fuel as well. Can't miss it, it's purple!

hmm not really sure not a hobbie shop for like 40 mins from here so i order all mine online so just about any kind i want theres a big selection:celebrate:

I drive 40 miles to my LHS as well. I just make sure to buy a gallon or two along with any misc stuff I might need. I do most of my shopping online as well, but for fuel, I make the trip.

Unless you aren't old enough to drive or have a way to get there. Those hazmat fees are ridiculous and the markup on the quart is also bad. I don't think you have hazmat fees if what is being shipped is a quart or less, but it's still costing you a shiny penny to buy it because of the markup.

I pay about $21 a gallon for trinity MHP 20% fuel at the LHS.

Buying a case of fuel at tower ($89) just at face value is $5 more than what I pay if I bought 4 ($84) gallons. Then there's the $20 hazmat and then $10 for shipping. That's $119, which is $35 more. That's more than an extra bottle of fuel.

Doing it with 4 quarts still comes out to $53 shipped. That's more than enough to buy two gallons if I drive.

Unless you have money to burn, it's much better to pick it up at a store yourself.

Last edited:
What does your LHS carry?

called both of em theres byrons and blue thunder i think I'm going to run 20% are these fuels good? I've never ran any thing but top fuel so I'm not sure thanks for the help!!

Fuel

I've had good luck running Cool Power 20%. Lots of power. The motor also runs a bit cooler.:2cents: