Throttle servo ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryson

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
How are you guys running your throttle servos. I just figuared out that i wasent geting wide open because of that dumb pos return spring. Has anyone cut there stock box instead of buying the tekno mount. I'm thinking about it but i dont know if its good to run the servo out in the open like that. Thanks for you time!!

I run a JR 650m(overkill)

And I have recently been playing with springs on both ends to keep the tension and to insure I get full Throttle.

Its hard for me to explain because I am stealing the idea from a pic I saw. But it seems to work great. You will need collets to hold the spring (ball pount pen version) on the backend. I will see if I can hunt up a pic for ya.

TalonOut

Dude that would be great pics i mean. So a collar on each end wouldnt work buy itself. Thanks!

I haven't run a box in awhile and the servo isn't suffering one bit. Rather than double-up on the springs, I'd just adjust the horn a bit to get it wide open, just my opinion.

Ya monkey i think thats what I'm going to do and i think I'm going to try cuting the box to just to get the mount you get what I'm saying anyway. Pics are still wanted lol.

I run with the box. It helps keep water from resting on top of that servo. I also run with the collars/springs which is unlike stock. I removed the TRS entirely the day I got the revo (or shortly thereafter).

This is similar to what I"m currently running, but this pic is from when I was running the stock servos:
2005-1201-RevoThrottleLinkageHiRes.jpg

Taht is similiear to my aet up ....lemme get off my Arse and go make a pic.....

Talon

Step one, hack up the box or get the Tekno mount. Step two, adjust the the horn and arms to give you full travel. Step three, go to the store and get you a bag of those little rubber bands for braces and take two of them, wrap them around the carb neck and the throttle then take said return spring and throw it in the trash. Or get the Losi XXX-NT return spring and give it a little stretch and use it.

The pic.........

Ok heres how I am currently set up....I SUCK at photography (not my hobby)

Hope this helpsI believe the two spring set up gives you response BOTH ways so the the thottle is always under tension........very responsive with a proiperly tuned engine.

Talon

Whoops the pic

Again IU suck at pics........so try this oooooor

Just do what jetmech sdays as he is WAY smarter than me...

At least in RC...;)

Talon....

Attachments

• linkage2.jpg
    linkage2.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 103
Wow that helps. I think I'm going to try this if it dosen work a new box is only 5 bucks. I thought more of you would run with out the boxes covering the servos. Huh. Thanks for the help.

P.S. Damn olds do you drive when its raining or what? LMAO.

That one I run with a pretty hacked up cover box....for the occasional puddle.

But I run my other caged trucks no cover on the box...as long as you have good lid your ok.

Yea Olds97 has thing water proofed to the tits....great engineering. ;)

Talon

Man i can't wait till christmas so ill have some money in my pocket. First I'm going to get my tc3 going then its all revo. On the line up is to replace the trx2.5 with the 3.3 then I'm thinkin bout a roll cage i want this one i like the way it looks http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/599115.asp. But its either the cage or geting my rc18mt going idk though well see. Thanks for you time!

Monkey Wrench said:
I haven't run a box in awhile and the servo isn't suffering one bit. Rather than double-up on the springs, I'd just adjust the horn a bit to get it wide open, just my opinion.

Just reviewing this post, I think I'm misleading you, Bryson.

I run the same set-up Olds does. I took the box cover off to allow for more linkage throw and it did the trick!

I personally do not care for those cages. I had one on my old Maxx and it never stayed on. Do some resarch on the RCS cage and start a new thread about it....

Hey olds what did you use you seal you stuff like that. I'm thinking about doing this. Just cause lol. Thanks!

Plasti-Dip.

Although, it's kind of problematic as it seals up the case, but not the horn. I found that if you look hard enough, you can find servo's that have seals that aren't much more than normal basher servo's. I just spent the most I've ever spent on a servo, hitec 985MG, a whopping $70. It has o-rings around each of the 4 screws, around both halves of the case and around the output shaft. Even with plasti-dip, I couldn't seal it as good as that servo comes out of the box!

I think I'll give up on the plasti-dip except for receiver packs that I make. I'll just keep buying 985MG's since almost all of my servo's (plasti-dip or not) succumb to the treachery of water at some point.

This is the servo: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXMUS4&P=ML

Quite a bit faster and much more powerful than the 645MG's I normally buy and fry.

Back