Transmision Problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racing revo #21

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Ok, when I'm driving my revo 3.3, It goes perfect in forward, but then i switch to reverse then it doesn't do any thing, like the gears are stripped or something.Anybody know?

The gears might be stripped. Have you taken out the transmission to check and see?

The reverse gear is weak, also having the reverse gear gives you weaker forward gears. When you go FOC, the gears are more durable. Dump reverse and the extra weight of all the other crap associated with it and go FOC.

are they hard to install???????

Either the reverse gear is stripped OR your reverse linkage and/or reverse servo need adjusted. Sometimes the linkage gets a bit out of adjustment and it's not pulling/pushing the gear fork far enough to engage the reverse gear.

Jet's right, the reverse gear is weak, but then again, it's not meant to drive WOT in reverse either. Going the FOC route is a suggested one if you don't mind running after your rig to back it away from a tree or something.

Going the FOC is a personal call, but one that is suggested.

racing revo #21 said:
are they hard to install???????
Its a bit confusing if you haven't done it before but is doable for the first timer. On a scale of 1-10 its a 6-7.

If you have a digital camera, take as many pics as you can while your taking it apart. This will help a lot as your wondering where everything goes as your putting it back together.

Its a fun project and much easier to get the transmission out then the older t-maxx trucks. It will take about an hour to do the job from start to finish. 1/2 the hour is dedicated to scratching your head and nuts.

Back