Types of motors - Mini-T

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpk136

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I just got a used Mini-T. Can anyone tell me what the different types of motors are and how they are different(brushed and brushless). What is a good motor for the Mini-T

well, I don't know about every type of micro motor but probably the most popular are the Peak Chubby and Team Orion Baja, which are both considered "modified" motors. I'm not really knowledgable about electrics but I believe the differerence between a "stock" motor and a "modified" motor are the amounts of winds or "turns" in the wrap. You could probably find better information in the electrics forum. Then... as far as brushless is concerned, well that's a whole nother ballgame. I don't know exactly how they work but when the're paired up with a good battery pack they make a 1/18 scale vehicle fly... waaaay quicker and faster than any brushed motor could attain. Obviously.. you'll pay for what you get. I used to run a brushless in my mini-T but decided to go back to a Baja brushed motor. I was tired of fixin my mini-t all the time due to high speed wrecks. I have just as much fun with them when powered down with a decent modified motor.

where can i find a Baja and how much am i looking at?

David

That is super cheap...What would you suggest for an ESC

the other good brushed motors are the reedy mini-mod (17T &19T) and the trinity cobalts (14T & 16T)..

most people run a Novak Spy ESC. I personally run a Novak XRS only because that's what my LHS had. The XRS is still small enough for a 1/18 even though it's actually an entry level 1/10 scale ESC. Both are reversable with the exception of the highline version of the Spy which is not. It's about $30 more expensive and completely unnecessary unless your seriously into 1/18 racing and are good enough to need it.

Back