Uh-oh...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m00nst0ne69

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Three minutes into a 5 minute heat my truck shut down. I checked the temps and they were just fine. I tweaked it a little but it took some effort to get it re-started and once it was started it only ran a very short period. I got the truck back out the day after and had similar problems. Seems I can run for 3 minutes or so then the truck shuts down even with a very rich mixture. Someone said it may be time for a sleeve pinch or maybe even a new piston and sleeve. Any other insights?

Turn the flywheel by hand. Is it still tough to turn over or does it go with very little effort? Also how much fuel has your engine seen?

THere has been about 3 gallons threw total. Hand turning while cool feels pretty pretty good there is still resistance as the piston gets to TDC. I had some problems with the tank seal but have been careful about checking it before running.

You need to check it warm. If you had problems with the tank o-ring before, chances are you overheated it leading to premature death. You'll either need to pinch the sleeve or buy new. So you know, hot is when your problem is occuring and many engines will feel fine cold until they get to normal running temp. Oh yeah, I've been down this road.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT! I am going with the sleeve pinch. It will be the first time. and I think with reasonable compression cold the pinch will save the cost of a new sleeve and piston.

Back