best ride for the $$

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beason

Bash, Fix, Repeat..
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I've been looking at these mini's and i must say I'm impressed.. I've seen the video of the brushless mini t and i was like woha thats a fast lil sucker.. now i want one.. I'm not looking to race.. just something to play aound with in the house or driveway.. maby chase the dog (hes a wiener dog and its the funnyest thing when he is running full out, plus he needs the exersize and I'm tired of chaseing him around the yard.. lol) my question is whats the best one for the money.. i dont want to have to go buy one for 150 bux then dump another 100 in it for a good ride.. i have 2 nitro r/c's already with on eon the way so they take up most of my money..

i like the mini giant because its 4 wheel drive but I've heard good things about the rc18t i want something decently fast.. or at least cheeply upgradeable cause i know i will upgrade it.. I've already got a x mod with the stage 2 motor and its pretty quick for its size.. but i want faster.. my house has new carpet so the x mod is barred to the kitchen.. i need oppinions on which one is the better truck stock.. which one is more hop upable and which one is cheeper.. so i can make a compromise between the three.. thanks for your time guys ..

p.s i may be interested if you have one you want to sell but it would have to be cheep maby one that needs work or something.. pm me

I had a mini t.. it was fun but the novelty wore off. my roomate has a mini giant. its pretty cool. his is rockcrawled out with extended link sand stuff... but for teh day it was stock it was alot of fun. if i were to get one i would get the 18T... just becuase if you ever decide to put a brushless set up in it it will be a little more controllable then the mini t...my .02

i a mini-t and with a 7.2 volt batt pack its fast!!! and i have the racing shocks. if i tap reverse and nail it it will hold a wheelie (with the motor protector thing scraping the ground) until it hits something!!and its sweet because from the front it looks like a real stadium truck.

i have had a mini t with a mamba and the mini t just could not handle it. On the other hand the 18t was a blast. one thing with the mini t is that it was one of the first 1/18th out in such a long time, and it started this new day trend where all other companies like associated perfected it. I strongly suggest spending the extra dollar for a rc18t, i like the pti mmt but never drove one, also i have heard good things about the minizilla. mine is on they way. The mini t just has too many flaws in it. hope my 2 cents helped.

Back