Looking For A Pipe

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigRed

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I picked up the Fantom .21 motor for my k3. I need to a manifold and pipe to put on it. Looking for a pipe with torque. I'd like to get something ordered this weekend if possible. I'm looking at the THS 1/8 offroad at Tower Hobbies http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCPX0&P=7 . Any other suggestions would be appreciated, please bear in mind I'm on a tight budget. Thanks!

BigRed said:
How about the Ofna JP1?
JP-1 is good I have the JP-2 and it seems more for speed or a track that has long stretches and not too many technical turns. I am looking to get a low end pipe for short tracks.

Our track is a nice short track, Ofna makes some good stuff so i'll give that one a try. Thanks!

Hey guys are all these pipes that you recomend race hamolagated pipes,
just remember that hamolagated pipes cost more as a rule, the benefit to buying a hamologated pipe is you will never have a problem racing, via effra rules, if they are its no sweat

Lessen said:
mike, can you clue me in to what a hamolagated pipe is? thanks.
hamolagated pipe is a pipe that has passed effra or an other race structures rules, they pay about 12000us to get a pipe hamolagated, hence the extra price on a hamolagated pipe, means that the pipe puts out less than xxx decibels lengh of stingers etc and a few other things, also means you can race nats or other big club events, cause the pipe you use is sposed to be hamalogated

mikeburgin said:
hamolagated pipe is a pipe that has passed effra or an other race structures rules, they pay about 12000us to get a pipe hamolagated, hence the extra price on a hamolagated pipe, means that the pipe puts out less than xxx decibels lengh of stingers etc and a few other things, also means you can race nats or other big club events, cause the pipe you use is sposed to be hamalogated

ahh, cool. Thanks.

we dont have that issue here mike, its more a european thing and apparently austrailian and new zealand deal too. here in the states, if it bolts on and looks like a pipe is supposed to, its allowed to run.

wow, that surprising being the land of litigation, would have thought you were worse than us

id have to check rulebooks, but local and regional races dont care, national events may, and international events you have to use an efra pipe. so 99% of us that are here dont have to worry about it.

Back