What pipe do you think is the best for an HPI K4.6?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chumlee

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Just wondering what everyone is running, the last time I was into nitro and running an RS4, we loved the CVEC dual chambered pipes. lol

I'm diggin the whole nitro thing again, but this time I'm hooked on Savages :)

J.T.

---------- Post added at 8:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:31 PM ----------

Also wondering if anyone has ever used this Integy roll cage and what you think about it?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXYWJ0&P=7

Thanks,

J.T.

I ran a dynamite 086hs on mine when I still had it, did well!

Looks like a nice pipe and it has a lot of good reviews...

Anybody else running anything different?

a JP3 or JP4 would do alot of good for that engine as well.
I'm running a JP4 on a .30, sucker makes an enormous amount of power.
Completely different engine though.

Do you just mod the pressure tap to 90* to fit a JP pipe on a Savage?

Anybody running a ribbed HPI pipe?

Thanks for all the input, its fun looking for new things to put on my trucks :)

The ribbed pipe is just a muffler, there is nothing tuned about it and it will show no real gains. The JP-1&3 are ok as well as the ofna 053, the 086 is more of a top end pipe but will work fine depending on your gearing. I have had many people compare there JP's and ofna pipes to the ERCM pipe, and the ERCM pipe wins every time according to them. As for the pressure fitting, most will just use the stock one, it isn't in the best location on a savage. You can always plug it off and drill and tap a new hole in a better location.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0095p?FVPROFIL=&FVSEARCH=<b>pressu</b>re+nipple

Thanks for the heads up on the ribbed pipe... "The HPI polished pipe is cheaper than the ribbed too."

I figured I would be better off running a polished HPI pipe like what came with my X 4.6 SS kit on the 4.1

Just don't really see the need for a JP pipe as all I'm doing is bashing. Maybe when I step up and get an LRP .30 I will do the JP :)

I don't want the wifey pissed because of my Savage passion lol

iI would suggest a ERCM pipe, i borrowed one and all I can say OMG.....
i had been out of work for 9months and just recently returned to work,
my very next purchase will be a ERCM pipe for my LRP.30

what a beast