Mugen Prospec vs. 777 sp1

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breakin2

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Very cliche topic, I know. However, I have a NIB 777 and my friend just got a Prospec. So we can share parts, set-ups, etc. we thought that maybe we should get the same car. What are the strengths and weaknesses of each car compared to each other? We're both relatively new to this class, but not RC.

stock for stock the prospec is superior. the 777 requires hopups to be considered durable and race ready. the prospec does not. as for handling, thats all driver preference.

In terms of handling, can you tell me what style each car suits? I know much of that depends on set-up, but I'm sure each is more natural at certain styles.

Thanks, btw.

each car will suit a number of different styles of driving. it all depends on how the buggy is set up. buggy's in general are made to be raced on a track. but you can actually driv ethem anywhere. when you get it play around with the setup and find the one that best suits your driving style.

from what I see
Mugen = strong dependable...like the chevy 350 of RC, you can run it till it's dead and it gives all it's got til then.....handles more like a muscle car but a good one
777 = finicky race machine if not in perfect condition dont run it....handles awsome but like Corrado said still needs upgrades right out of the box to race......
I have an XB-8 (lovin it) and will soon have the MBX ( can't wait )....I've tested almost all the buggies in that class and didn't think the kyosho was all that.....it seemed more fragile and elegant....looked like it would make one mean street buggy.....I'd be afraid I'd break something on it......

Mugen Mugen Mugen Mugen is all i can say to that, k car is good and in the hands of a good driver wil perform real well, but dont break it cause with like anything kyosho, thats were they make there money,
Prospec is just as fast in the hands of a driver, but are more suited to driving not thrashing styles, are the most robust of the 2 like said previously by those guys, and are no where near as pricey for parts, kyosho does have a better turn in than the mugen though
both are great cars, so would be making your choice on what your local dealer sells and holds parts for

Thank you all for replying. We're going with the Prospec. From what I've read about the 777, I think I'm making the right choice. Not that the 777 is a bad buggy (just look at how often it wins), but being new I think I want something that's more newbie friendly.

Are you guy's comparing to the 777 or the 777 SP1?

no love for xRay (chris ;) )

lots of mugens around here, nice piece.

-Ult

lots of love for xray, however he asked about the mugen and the kyosho. if he had asked about all three, i would put my owner goggles on and preach Xray goodness.

breakin2 said:
Very cliche topic, I know. However, I have a NIB 777 and my friend just got a Prospec. So we can share parts, set-ups, etc. we thought that maybe we should get the same car. What are the strengths and weaknesses of each car compared to each other? We're both relatively new to this class, but not RC.

Good Idea getting the same buggy as your friend. I got into 1/8 scale nitro buggies last winter with a friend and we both got storm rtrs. Since then weve both upgraded lots of stuff and so we both have tons of spare parts, but its good to dig into his parts box at the track if I dont have what I need and vice versa. You can also share tips and tweaks. Enjoy your mugens! :cheers:

Form of........a championship!

Umm yeah....whatever you guys said. I'll stay away from Mugens so I don't have to be associated with you dorks. LOL

spatulator said:
Umm yeah....whatever you guys said. I'll stay away from Mugens so I don't have to be associated with you dorks. LOL
that would apear to be a coment requiring a retaliation, if you aint got anything useful to say stay outa my thread

spatulator said:

Ummm yeah, us dorks don't really give a poop about you anyway.....

Back