Need mount to use for mill--pic

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wannarunem

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have the STS .28 that I'm going to drop in my storm. The problem is the mounts dont fit. I took a pic to show where the mount hits on the crankcase. It pushes it off center. My take is I need a thinner mount. What else should I try? I'm gonna bolt the engine to the Storm Pro chassis.

stsmount.gif

the hyper 7 mounts do the same thing, and they say to use the PCR mounts. They are cnc machined and much more streamline so a big crank case should fit. I don't know if the mounting holes will line up tho.

Thanks for the idea.....maybe the storm pro mounts will fit..the one in the pic are from the storm RTR version.

Last edited:
A dremel may work too!!!

I'm just realizing that i will have to turn the carb backwards to get it to work with the throttle linkage...man thats gonna look goofy...Anyone else have to turn their carb around on an aftermarket engine?

Here is a pic of a PCR mount its a little more stream lined

HELI_002.jpg

Thanks...Now that does look like it will work...it looks thin enough to fit between the crackcase and the set screw. Yeah, if i can use that the other issue is if it will mount to the chassis

Still hate the idea of turning the carb around 180 degress....gonna look a bit nutty!!

If you want I can send you the one in the pic Its striped out but you can at least see if it will work.. pm me your addy and ill send it to you priorty mail.. no charge.

Zandor I was thinking about these "option" mounts

PCR-19717-BIG.jpg

they are not adjustable, and are recommended when using a big case engine like the P5

awesome Zandor.....iwill send u pm

VB...who makes those?

OH ya thoese are even more stream lined then the stock pcr mounts...Good call BRO

thanks for the help guys!! Have either of you seen the internals of this mill?..hang on i will get a pic

Last edited:
I've heard/read only great things about this mill.

STS11.gif

Those are some major ports holy poop!

They used one of those in the latest RCCar Action in there project LST Racer. They said it borderline had too much power.

I got the mount sent out to you today you should have it by tuesday. :cheers:

What happened to my pic????

Never mind I deleated it today My bad!!!

Last edited:
any engine mounted in an 1/8 buggy will have the carb slide linkage facing toward the middle of the buggy and not out, imo it looks completly normal (actually how it has to look for it to work) and is nothing to worry about.

ZANDOR said:
I got the mount sent out to you today you should have it by tuesday. :cheers:

Thanks Zandor!!!!!!!...looking forward to trying it out :buggy1:

alkyula said:
any engine mounted in an 1/8 buggy will have the carb slide linkage facing toward the middle of the buggy and not out, imo it looks completly normal (actually how it has to look for it to work) and is nothing to worry about.

So I wont need to turn the carb?...I can't quite grasp how the servo will open the carb if i dont turn it 180 degress. Would the servo operate backwards?,,,meaning when i hit the brakes the carb will open..and vise versa?

I just snapped a pic to show u why I'm confussed..will post it in a few.

motorcomparison.gif

buggymotor.gif

The stock motor (silver head) with the carb facing to the right... makes sense how it operates being the carb is closest to the servo.....but with the (STS on the right) the carb on the opposite side of the throttle servo throws me for a loop...how will it operate properly? id have t o extend the linkage..what else?

Back