Rc 18t problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PiErow

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Every single time i run the drive shaft pops out of the out cup. I am running cvds and it still does it. How do i fix it?

Also my suspension is relly sagggy and loose. I'm going to put heavier oil in it but what are a good set of springs?

Go to ace hardware and purchase 4 5/16 brass compression and slid them over the outdrives. This will hold your cvd's from flying out. Hope this helped. Heres A pic.
18ton20s0076sd.jpg

No offense but learn how to focus...
What kind of tires are you running? They look huge!

Can you get the sleeve online?

I replaced the front springs with a set of rear springs, seems to work a little better.

the 5/16" brass compression sleeves can be purchased from most hardware stores, after installation you may need to crimp with a pliers to keep if from falling off. I too would like to know what kind of tires those are.

they look like touring car tires because there big and because of the thread.

I have never seen one of thoese rides..But do they have droop screws???so you can limit the suspention travel..That whould help keep them in :shrug:

Cut a ballpoint pen spring in 4's and put on piece in each outdrive to push the bone into the cup. Like a MIP CVD