X-Mod Steering

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hypedonrc

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
My X-Mod doesn't steer very well. It steers right alot better than left, the when I trim it up on the radio it will track mostly straight, but still turns right better than left, and sometimes delays to turn left at all. I took it apart, and tried to zero out the servo, and put the servo horn back on, but it didn't help. Any suggestions? Does anyone make a replacment servo, or do I have to buy a whole new X-Mod, and retire mine to parts? Do you think the servo is hosed?

That is one sweet site. I'll look into the steering chips for sure. First I have to take an order. Try and split the shipping you know. Still think I might need a servo. We'll see. I have a buddy with a hook up at Radio Shack. Maybe I can trade him some steering chips for a servo???

I took the servo apart, and the second gear in ( the only one that is 2 piece) was a bit loose. Looked OK to me, but a friend of mine said he bit his to tighten up the slop, and did the same thing to mine (as crazy as it sounds), and it works now! No $hit.

Hey check out the carbon fiber chasis upgrade from Radio Shack in this pic of a different friends ride. I tryed to find one, and the Radio Shack I went to said they didn't know what I was talking about. I guess it is one of only a few that came to the Columbus area. Anyone else seen them?

O half a pic, because dial up sucks! LOL!!!!!

srry typed out whole response, but didn't read last thread oops.

i will post it anyway for newbies (like me ! :) )

ok you said that sometimes it steers one way and other times it steers the opposite way. Were these "times" consecutive? Or did you turn off the transmiter/X-mod in between them. x-mods have electronic servo adjustment. so, it means that every time you turn the car/tx off, the servo goes back to origional stock settings. Do this: figure out how many presses it takes to center the steering servo, and remember what this number is. Now every time you turn the car and tx on press the trim that many times.

If this does not work, check to make sure the tires are on the rims, it happens to me a lot.

Just my Hope it helps

Last edited:
Back