I need help with my brakes

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigboi11

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am new to nitro and I don't completely know how to adjust the brakes. I can get the front brakes to work ok but then when i try to adjust the back brakes the front and the back brakes don't work. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh yhea it is a hypeer 7 pbs

Is the hyper 7 pbs a rtr? If it is you need to change out the servo. We had this problem with the ultra comps we got. The stock servo would only work right on 1 or the other brakes but not both. We gave them front brakes only till we upgraded servos. I put a hitec 625 for throttle/brake and works great now.

You don't have to change the servo. I have 7 gallons thru my pcr and have yet to change the throttle servo. The way to adjust the brakes is with the linkages, there is are 2 set screws on the linkages. one for the front and one for the rear, set them the way you want your bias to be.

I tried the rings and i can get good front brakes then when i set the rear the front leave. I can't figure it out.

your making too drastic of a change. the linkage also has knurled adjusters on the threaded rods. turn the adjuster of the brake that isnt working to shorten the rod just a little bit.

bigboi11, I went racing with a guy that had the same buggy. He had the same exact problem. We ended up messin around with those linkages forever. A great hopup for brakes is a new linkage kit that has the adjustable brake bias via the knurlers CorradoPsi was talking about. It's not much money and fixes this problem in a hurry.

I Am Still Having Trouble With The Brakes The Front Ones Work Perfect. On The Rear You Have To Put Twice The Amount Of Pressure That You Do The Front. Is There A Way To Adjust The Actual Rod So That It Starts To Apply The Brakes Without Having To Come So Far Foward. The Angle That It Requires Now Isn't Possible For My Servo To Accomplish.