Storm Pictures, Fioroni Conversion Chassis

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbreaker

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Here's a few pictures of my Storm. (I can't figure out how to add pictures to my gallery..)

Things to note are the Fioroni Conversion chassis, which redesigns the way the lower suspension hinges attach to the buggy. There's some Hardcore Racing parts on there; shock towers, servo tray, steering plate, and HCR brake pads and discs. I've also upgraded the front knuckles with Dynamite 7075 CnC red knuckles. To top it off, I have attached the Hot Products Carbon Fiber stone guards, which I had to order from GS directly.

The engine is the Medial Pro M2k.

I can add more pictures of things if you would like to see more.

What do you think? I can't wait to drop it on the track this spring!

Attachments

• bottom-overview.jpg
    bottom-overview.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 176
  • HCR-parts480.jpg
    HCR-parts480.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 171
  • dynamite-knuckle480.jpg
    dynamite-knuckle480.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 154
  • rear_closebottom480.jpg
    rear_closebottom480.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 145
  • top-view480.jpg
    top-view480.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 159
How do you like the mideial engine?

I love the engine.

The Medial Pro M2k "Evolution" is absolutely ballistic. I've yet to see a faster motor on the track. Novarossi based mill, full JP mod, 5-port engine. And the best part, inspite the engine's power output, is that it's exceedingly good on fuel economy. I get 6 to 8 minutes during races depending on tuning, while most folks get 5-minutes.

It wasn't cheap but I didn't expect it to be as good as it is. I got $50 off, so it was $350. I think I've seen it for sale for about that price without discount. I've got three gallons through it and it's still just as strong as ever. I took it apart this off-season and everything looked very nice inside. I might get it "lightly" pinched before the season starts to ensure it lasts me all season (I only race on the weekend.)

Not to mention, Novarossi carbs are excellent.

Highly recommended!

That is so sick. If I saw that on my track I would be force to smash into it full speed head on and break everything on it just because I'm a jerk.

Your wimpy HCR Titanium chassis would buckle at the sight of my buggy! Or maybe not.

Thats one clean buggy, nice work on the chasis and fiber carbon side plates.

spatulator said:
That is so sick. If I saw that on my track I would be force to smash into it full speed head on and break everything on it just because I'm a jerk.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :spit:
I think I've said that a time or two. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is one bad a$$ storm!!! Nice job! :cheers:

That Storm is BAD ARSE!!! Nice stone guards! Fioroni is pretty bomb as there stuff is much stronger than stock. Are you going to upgrade with stronger diffs? You should consider it.

Love the ride man. Nice job!!!

Jon2

As far as I know, the only diffs I can put in the Storm are the Storm ones, or Torsen diffs. Torsens are very expensive!

The good thing about the Storm diffs is they are virtually indestructable. After a full season of beating the hell out of the thing, the gears inside all three diffs looked as good as new (once I cleaned the black silicone fluid off, of course.) No visible wear at all.

Do you know of a non-torsen replacement diff?

A buddy of mine has a Storm on the shelf, because the front ring and pinion gears are stripped out. I wouldn't knock the Storm by far, so don't take it the wrong way. He also has put about 9 gallons through a B01 (before it died), and (I think) 4, or 5 through a Hyper 8 port on that chasis. Just my $0.02

Hypedonrc said:
A buddy of mine has a Storm on the shelf, because the front ring and pinion gears are stripped out.

If the diff isn't shimmed right, this can happen. The RTR has been known to ship with the diffs rather loose. If they're shimmed nice and snug (only a small amount of back and forth play) it won't happen.

Hypedonrc said:
I wouldn't knock the Storm by far, so don't take it the wrong way. He also has put about 9 gallons through a B01 (before it died), and (I think) 4, or 5 through a Hyper 8 port on that chasis. Just my $0.02

WHAT ARE YOU DOING KNOCKING THE STORM!!!!! Just kidding =) I like the GS B01 engine, it's a cool little mill. So easy to tune, it's a great RTR/Starter motor, and while it's obviously no Novarossi or RB engine, it's got enough pep to keep you in most races except the ones with the great drivers. It's made by SH.

Awesome Storm! I would agree that the B01 is a great engine for someone just starting out. It was the first engine I really learn to tune on and it performed great for a RTR mill.

Back