good radio

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jchobbiest

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
What is a good radio for an ugrade for the maxx. mine has been acting weird. I will be driving it and seems to lose it signal and take off and I can't steer either. It has fresh batts and still does it. can't figure it out check all the wires And found nothing wrong there.

Last edited:
I have the spektrum dx4s with all the telemetry sensors setup and I absolutely love it and range is awesome

if is the stock trx radio ditch the transmitter and get a new one , they seem to just randomly poop themselves I went through 2 last year and 1 died in a month.
at the price of them it cheap enough to keep a spare , that's what I do now lol.
also love spektrum ,dx3s is a good bit of gear but the telemetry receivers are around $100 plus sensors....

@jchobbiest It would help if we knew what your budget was for an aftermarket radio. They range in price from $45 to $500+

Thanks for the info. I'm looking to spend upwards of 100 bucks or so little more I need be. I just want something over what I have seems to have a glitch in it every once and a while.

Everyone is going to have a different personal preference when it comes to radio gear. Personally, I'm a Futaba guy, and run a Futaba 4PLS and I really like it a lot. That being said, I have stock Traxxas radios that have been going strong for years. For any of my rigs that I let my nephew or other kids drive, I like having the cheap radio that I don't care much about, as they seem to just lay them down wherever leading to scuffs and scrapes. Don't want to do that with my Futaba.

i think you can get a good used Futaba 4PL for about $125 or maybe $150 these days if you look around on various forums. otherwise anything from futaba, airtronics (sanwa), and spektrum are all fine radios so just find one in your price range. For a budget choice of about $45 you can get a Flysky GT3B. Not a bad radio for the money. I have one that I use when I want/need a cheap radio that I dont care much about it getting scratched up and what not.

Airtronics MXV is a steal for 99+ bucks with a receiver, just get the Tower promotion and order it, works great on my revo no glitching and basic perfect for the price