Embarrassed to ask...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozarks104

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys, sorry for the dumb question but I'm having either spur problems or a slipper clutch. Getting to it. Before my spur stripped out on me i was pulling wheelies easily with my T Maxx and after i replaced a fresh spur its not doing wheelies. I checked the spur. It isn't binding or slipping. Its a nice smooth rotation. I also hammered down the nut for the slipper clutch. So its not slipping. I had it tuned perfectly today before it went out. Now i haven't touched it since the accident but again the temp and humidity was the same. Am i missing something?

Thanks:thumbs-down:[DOUBLEPOST=1409279719][/DOUBLEPOST]I read this on Traxxas:
You can tell the engine is running rich by noting any of the following:
*Sluggish acceleration with blue smoke coming from the exhaust

I wouldn't say its "Sluggish" but its not doing wheelies…

Last edited:
did you change the Slipper too?

No that is good. Not worn at all.

Did you replace it with the same size spur?

Whoa! It's not the same size. It's a 54T. The original was a 58T I believe. Mhmm. My LHS said it was the exact same! Well that might be the problem. So I would need to re tune I assume correct?
Thanks

If you dropped 4 teeth on the spur, you may not get the wheelies unless you go back to the same gearing. A smaller spur gear will give you more top end but sacrifice some low end (exact opposite for CB).

Whoa! It's not the same size. It's a 54T. The original was a 58T I believe. Mhmm. My LHS said it was the exact same! Well that might be the problem. So I would need to re tune I assume correct?
Thanks
Retuning will not bring your wheelies back. You have changed the gear ratio meaning that you have a better top speed but have sacrificed your low end launch.

Back