Vector sr48 upgrade

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ericehess

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
I have a vector sr48 brushless boat that is great, goes a little less than 30mph. I want to upgrade it to make it go faster. I found a motor to use but am not sure how much of an upgrade it would be.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2862-1500K...ing-Brushless-Motor-Outrun-X7N0-/324251827834
I wanna get this motor in 2800kv. This next link is the motor it comes with.
https://m.dhgate.com/product/2212-2...014011|US|alongrc|m|2|#redirect_detail=PC2WAP
Can anyone tell me if this is a large upgrade or a minor one? I will obviously be upgrading the esc to a 60amp from the stock 20amp as well. Anyone ever upgraded one of these boats and have suggestions or tips? Thanks!

That motor you listed will not be a upgrade it will be a weight that boar down grade.. so go from a 2600 kv to a 1500kv not gonna be faster unless you add a cell or 2. then you will have to change prop...anyway good luck....

That motor you listed will not be a upgrade it will be a weight that boar down grade.. so go from a 2600 kv to a 1500kv not gonna be faster unless you add a cell or 2. then you will have to change prop...anyway good luck....
I wasn't going to get the 1500kv but the 2800kv motor. Goimg from a 2600 to a 2800kv isnt much of an upgrade but the motor size is much bigger.

Ok makes alittle more sense now. but I think your still gonna be slower in the end due to added weight.might stay with same style motor as oem... .id go with a 3500kv motor if you want more speed.

Hi anybody know what size the screws are that hold the water fins on the rear of vector sr48 thanks

They appear to be 3mm. I switched em out for metal ones though so not sure if I went up a size. Got rid of the plastic retaining nut too so not sure length of original. I'd say 3mm by 10mm would be good. It's possible the originals were 2.5mm but can't remember if I went up in size been a few years.

Now that I thinkbabout it pretty sure I went up in size and had to drill it put a bit. Originals were probably 2.5 self tapping screws, could have even been 2mm. Sorry, not much help I know!

Last edited: