Trinity Reflex Build - Picture Intensive

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks blazer - I'm real excited about it. its been sitting there, done but without power for almost a month while i have been saving for this engine. so i am seriously itching to drive it.

i have been and always will be an onroad guy. although i love my buggy, i feel that onroad is MUCH more demanding on the driver, and the incredible speeds and acceleration is just too great for me. this is just my opinion. i know others who dont relaly liek onroad - and unless u have several tracks, i can understand why - bashing with onroads is boring. and trust me - with a 345.00 motor, this thing will NEVER be bashed. racing only, lol.

again, thanks for the appreciation. will have engine and final photos up this weekend.

I do the same NA, I have my race machine and my bash toys, and I keep them seperate for sure. Whne you get up there in real race equipment is too expensive to just bash.

Looks good NA. But not as good as my MTX-3 though! ;)

Originally posted by Team 17
Looks good NA. But not as good as my MTX-3 though! ;)

put ur money where ur mouth is...oh wait - u already backed out of that deal by not coming to the sarasota bash or the winter bash......burn! haw haw

I'm just give u enough time to get ur car ready so u have no excuses when I kick ur ass come April!!:ha:

Well - today is the day. I am picking up my new Rody this afternoon, along with a Serpent Centax Clutch. Could i spend any more money? Good thing I'm not married. I will take pictures of the engine, and the completed car, and post them this weekend.

thanks mjime - i need the moral support - having a hard time mentally, spending this kind of money on a .12 engine, lol. - plus the 100.00 for the serpent centax, the 60.00 for the pipe.header - the 30.00 for 30% fuel, ect ect ect......

Well you better have someone video taping your first race with that beast!!!!!

I WANT VIDEO!!

By the way.....you sure everything your putting in that ride is ROAR legal?? Especially that Rody engine?

I hope it runs good when it's all done, because I put together a nitro 4tec pro and it would'nt even move after i broke the engine in. That was my first time and that was the only thing that went wrong. Any way good luck Nitroaddict
NOT BANNED! LOL

Rob - yes - it is completely ROAR and IFMAR legal - better be, since it was designed for top level racers. You can read more about it here: http://www.rbproducts.com/rbww/engines2.11/index.html

and i would love to video it, we shall see. an upcoming race i have the first weekend of december will be videotaped, so maybe i can get some footage from that site.

Well - i picked everything up yesterday. Here is what I got.

- RB Concepts RODY modified V12
- RB Concepts .1mm head shims
- 2 RB Concepts #7 Cold glow plugs
- RB Concepts X12 1 piece polished pipe/header
- Serpent Centax II clutch
- 4 serpent pinion gears.
- 8th scale motor saver air filter
- Gallon of Odonnell 30% fuel

Total Price - 585.00

--------------------------------------------

Today i finished installing everything and going through all the checks. All was well - begin break in proceedures per Rody Roem's instructions.
Most engines in the past I have broken in are usually a bear to start and keep running during initial break in. This one was not that way. It fired in less than a second on the starter box for the first time. Settled into a nice idle, no matter how rich the settings were, the carb never loaded. During the entire breakin process, this engine did not stall once!!!
All I can say is WOW! On the final break in series, I was maintaining the temp at 190-192 degrees - and even at that super rich setting, it was faster than my CV-R. This thing is gonna scream.
One of the coolest things is the sound! At idle, it lopes, sounds like a seriously race cam'ed V8!! At higher RPM it gets on the pipe, and mimics the sound of an F-1 car. One of the sweetest sounds I have ever heard.
The only complaint i have about the engine, is that the head bolts are flat head screws, instead of allen bolts. When Rody reinstalled them, he must have either used a torque wrench, or have arms like a gorrilla. I bent two screwdrivers trying to remove them so that i could install the shims. Finally got them off with a carbide snap on screw driver.
Tomorrow I am bringing it down to the track for final needle settings, and basic suspension tuning. I will report back with the final power results. I will also have pictures of the final car and engine tomorrow as well.

You must have hit the lotto. What do you think the top speed will be?

Wish I had the money to drop on cars like that, I wish louisiana would get some decent rc tracks too!

imnotsure - top speed isnt a real concern, since its hard to wind out even on the largest tracks. with the gearing setup i have right now, i imagine that on the largest track we have in Orlando, it might hit close to 60mph.

aj = i am by no means wealthy. i have been saving for weeks to afford this engine.

well enjoy it! I am sure you earned it

Congrats! That pipe you got is also top notch! Have you started to break it in yet?

Did you say 30 bucks for 30% O'Donnell? Man, out here I spend 19 for 20% and 21 for 30%.

yeah, mjime - odonnell is expensive in FL, dont know why.]

Well - break in is complete, this thing is just sick. and the handling is to die for. i finished the break in and suspension settings at a nice permenent track, did about 20 laps total for tuning purposes, have it set right now at about 240 degrees max temp. still running the #5 plug, will switch to the #7 cold plug next run, for final tuning. Overall i would recommend this setup for anyone who has the means. top notch racer. have a serious race the first week in december, that will be the final test.

here are some pics for everyone.

a photo of my final purchase.

6.png

here is a better photo of the engine, as well as the Serpent Centax II clutch installed.

7.png

a couple of nice photos of the completed car

9.png

18.png

here is a photo of the body, bad shot, but u get the idea. not complete in this pic, missing wing, and decals.

15.png

I still think ya should got the 4tec! hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jk:

Very nice!!!!

Last edited:
Wow!! Great job NA. It looks mean just sitting there. :) Nice job on the body too!

Back