Think I’m in the market for new truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRAT

Hardcore RCTalk User
Rig of the Month Winner
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
  5. Flying
See what the dealer wants down and also put a lift and have this custom fab shop do a custom bumpers on it.

IMG_1527.jpeg

IMG_1529.jpeg

Think all the babes will love it!!

I bought a new F-250 diesel in 2011, it was a crew cab, king ranch, and it was the first year of the new 6.7 diesel motor. While that thing had endless torque, when you opened the hood, there was, literally, zero space inside the hood to do anything, you could not even see daylight from underneath the truck. While I never had to swap one, the mechanic told me it was so tight in there, that if they had to swap the motor, they'd have to pull the entire cab off the truck to do so. It could have used some hood space like that second pic, I wouldn't have complained, too much. 😁

I bought a new F-250 diesel in 2011, it was a crew cab, king ranch, and it was the first year of the new 6.7 diesel motor. While that thing had endless torque, when you opened the hood, there was, literally, zero space inside the hood to do anything, you could not even see daylight from underneath the truck. While I never had to swap one, the mechanic told me it was so tight in there, that if they had to swap the motor, they'd have to pull the entire cab off the truck to do so. It could have used some hood space like that second pic, I wouldn't have complained, too much. 😁
Pulling the cab is a common practice. I actually prefer it so they don't scratch the body or damage anything. My old work truck 08 6.4 had it done a few times.

Makes my chevy 5.3 look tiny. 😝

Cen makes a 1/10 f250 srw and f450 dually. 🫠

Pulling the cab is a common practice. I actually prefer it so they don't scratch the body or damage anything. My old work truck 08 6.4 had it done a few times.

Makes my chevy 5.3 look tiny. 😝

Cen makes a 1/10 f250 srw and f450 dually. 🫠
I never understood why the F-250/350 is so much larger than the Chevy model 3/4-1 ton trucks. I've seen those Cen trucks, and they look fabulous!

It's funny, I had a 38' camper trailer I used in the hunting woods, would haul it down before season started, and leave it until the end of the season. Had a buddy who had an F150, used to come up and say he didn't understand why I needed such a big truck, when his would pull that camper just fine. I told him, sure, you can pull it, but try stopping with it. You can smile and waive as you roll through the red light. 😂

I never understood why the F-250/350 is so much larger than the Chevy model 3/4-1 ton trucks. I've seen those Cen trucks, and they look fabulous!

It's funny, I had a 38' camper trailer I used in the hunting woods, would haul it down before season started, and leave it until the end of the season. Had a buddy who had an F150, used to come up and say he didn't understand why I needed such a big truck, when his would pull that camper just fine. I told him, sure, you can pull it, but try stopping with it. You can smile and waive as you roll through the red light. 😂
The new siilverados are almost as big now. The Colorado is almost as big as my 05 silverado. The new silverado 1500s are 7kIBS, almost a diesel truck weight.

As one who has been around trailers, 08 f250 and 06 f150 on the same route you do feel the difference. The f150 you can feel it trying to push the truck on right turns. It was also a 3 or 4 speed. Either first or second it would stay in for a long time. The 250 was a tank that asked for more.

My cen f450 is a cab off to work on everytime. 🤣

That first and second one, god forbid a driver's side front tire ever blows. You'll be getting a rubber enema 😅

All ugly trucks 🤢🤮
Is it even possible for there to be such a thing? That's like saying an ugly muscle car, all lies I tell you! 😁

First pic is Oshkosh design. Second pick screams codes and amg. I bet donuts would be fun in the second.

The third is just a chastity belt.
Yeah, donuts in that second one would be awesome!

They will come out the front, but it’s a PITA! Some trucks don’t allow for the cab to come off.

But it is a whole lot easier and faster to work on them with the cab off, even on the 150s. 20-30 minutes and they are off (if you don’t have one of the dang cage nuts spin)