Now I've done it !

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RELIC01

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
I put new thrush washers in my Taylor v-1 35 today , put it back together and I have very low compression, I did miss the ring pin line up on e , I wonder if I wrecked the ring , I don't know of any other thing that would cause this , unless I forgot to put the piston in ? 😂😂

I pulled this off the web so I have no clue or experience with it.

" I'd suggest the first place to look for loss of compression in the engine is the one-way reed valve which seals the cylinder during the compression portion of the cycle"

I didn't mess with that in my process

It would be a good idea to check the cylinder for scratches. The piston ring pin keeps the rings' ends from rotating into a port area and getting caught. I'm leaning towards the piston ring is sticking in the piston groove as it could have been damaged when trying to install piston and cylinder while ring was misaligned.

PERZACHLY ! I'm waiting for Mike to call me back on which ring to order , it ran fine till I had to fiddle with it , so that's what I'm thinking , thanx so much

Fluid adds compression. Fill the jugg up. 🤣

Missing the glow/spark plug or shims in the head? Did a gasket get ripped?

New gaskets , no shims , plug is new , still leaning towards the piston ring , I'll get a new ring and see what happens , film @ 11 guys , THANX !

Back