Hey all you HPI guys

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doom!

Team Dust Devil
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
I don't have any experience with HPI but I know there are some fans out there. They have just released a crawler and I was wondering what kind of quality or issues to expect.
HPI CRAWLER SITE

HPI-Racing-Venture-Into-The-Great-Outdoors-Video.jpg

It's been out for around 10+ years. My concern is parts supply and how long until they change it? I have 5 hpis and loved them. The new ones seem different.

Maybe one day I will get one.

In my experience quality has never been an issue for HPI. Their HPI Savage was a flipping tank. The RS4 was incredible.

What's been the biggest issue for HPI for a while now is parts availability. They've had a number of company changes and things just haven't been the same.

It's great to see them getting back on their feet. I just wish they would bring back their Super Star 2wd buggy wheels.

Parts seems to be the issue with most RC, I always check the availability of all parts before i buy .

Love the RS4 for builds I have ton HPI parts back at home.. Getting harder and harder to find so I try to collect as much as I can when I see them pop up. Good stuff for drag cars so on.

In my experience quality has never been an issue for HPI. Their HPI Savage was a flipping tank. The RS4 was incredible.

What's been the biggest issue for HPI for a while now is parts availability. They've had a number of company changes and things just haven't been the same.
That's the hpi I miss.

God for them. I have a Venture, built from a kit.
It's my only crawler, and hasn't needed any parts, yet. :happy:

p4ImmrN.jpg

DQJtJlQ.jpg
Sounds like my X-Maxx, which I have had for 4 years now. I have a box full of upgrade parts, purchased no long after my wife bought it for me for Christmas, figured I'd install them as things broke, plus the peace of mind it gave me to drive the wheels off, which I have literally done a few times, even had the foams comes out entirely a few times. I cannot tell you how many times that thing has been wrecked, nasty wrecks, and the first thing out of everyone's mouth, who saw it, was "Oh, that definitely broke something.". It's been over 30' in the air. Nope, snap the body back on, and we're back on the ramps again, not a single thing has broken or even bent, which, surprisingly enough, includes the driveshaft. It is insane how tough this rig is. The body, of course, is a mess, but I have a brand new spare awaiting the application of some drywall tape and shoegoo as we speak.

Now I have a box of parts, which I was told were upgrades, that I am now afraid to install, without something breaking, because I now have doubts that they will hold up better. It is so crazy!