Delta plastics Shelby Cobra Daytona

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally drove this in the track. It’s fast enough but the tires are no good and the rear shocks are way t on soft. Still needs some work.
I’ll get something going with it later. It’s a shelf queen for now

IMG_5586.jpeg

IMG_5587.jpeg

IMG_5588.jpeg

That’s bad ars!!!

After some tinkering with an Infraction I noticed the rear shocks might be made to fit this Daytona . Problem I’m having now is the rear shocks from a short corse truck are way to soft and to much travel for high speed asphalt oval racing.
I managed to cobble together a set of Infraction shocks.
They really transformed it into a better situation. But now instead of spinning out super easy. It wanted to push in the turn. The 17mm adapters I made are not strong enough to race. So I installed Proline Street fighters and now it’s a beast with a ton of power and should be better. I had to cut the body for the tires but I don’t know if it will survive a race . We will see Saturday

IMG_5658.jpeg

After some tinkering with an Infraction I noticed the rear shocks might be made to fit this Daytona . Problem I’m having now is the rear shocks from a short corse truck are way to soft and to much travel for high speed asphalt oval racing.
I managed to cobble together a set of Infraction shocks.
They really transformed it into a better situation. But now instead of spinning out super easy. It wanted to push in the turn. The 17mm adapters I made are not strong enough to race. So I installed Proline Street fighters and now it’s a beast with a ton of power and should be better. I had to cut the body for the tires but I don’t know if it will survive a race . We will see Saturday

View attachment 189581
I love that car man!!!

That track needs some serious attention. I see why you needed better tires.

Car looks great man. You either banged it up, or weathered it more since I last seen it. Awesome! I want one!

Track looks like it was just paved or is it just my bad eyesight 👀

The track is ok. But not as smooth as carpet. No idea what actually works since I have only tested a couple times.
The back end was so loose before it was like driving on ice. I had great speed in the straight. But any throttle on turn exit would result in a 360 spin. Now full throttle pushes the front tires and it does not want to roll either.
Testing last week I flipped it and slid on the roof. Scratching it up.
It’s painted inside and out so the scratches will show up as black or silver.

Ok so I decided to put the Dayton body on a shelf for the time being and race the techno SCT410.3 in the short corse class. The car is very fast but the handling was not great.
I put a hodgepodge of shocks and springs together and it was to soft out back and not enough damping on the front. You could see the front end bounce in the straight.
So my solution is a set of eBay Infraction shocks and springs. 30 bucks and I had to make new shock towers again.
But now it’s really really good… I hope.
It feels good and looks good be a week before I can test it. But the travel is perfect .
We will see how it goes. I put this short corse body on to race. It was free and looks good lowered down.

IMG_5700.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back