Bashing a race buggy?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Thanks to @luke66 for the recommendation 🤣

Added a few mm's of ride height from my base setup for the local track. Also got out my old carpet tires. This set is worn down and ill never use again so it should be fine for just bashing around. But, which set would be more better? Old set of carpet tires (pins worn down) or slicks? My set of slicks have a larger sidewall than the carpet set. 🤔

I'll use one of my old maclan packs and ill take it out when this rain gets out of here. Need a new body anyways so ill keep this one as my basher or practice body, and my new one will be my pretty race body.
PXL_20240504_181419751.jpg
PXL_20240504_181200823.jpg
PXL_20240504_172237821.jpg
PXL_20240504_181540609.jpg
PXL_20240504_181536196.jpg

carpet tires for dirt/gravel and slicks for the street

if bashing on a asphalt parking lot or school yard, I recommend blowing the area free of dirt debris then use a garden sprayer filled with grape soda to cover the entire area and wait 30 min for the soda to dry to a tacky/sticky surface that will rival grip on an indoor clay track, just don't walk on the prepped surface as any dust will reduce grip.

Dude asks about which worn out tires to use and bill wants him to build a race track lol. Wow!

Hey bill, take your RC's out and have fun for once. For cryin out loud. Who in their right mind would go through all that to have a bash? Drink the soda... have fun kiddo.

Last edited:
Maybe you should consider forking up for a new set of wheels specific to where you'll be driving it. Kind of like racing, except different.

From Frogs to B4s... I've been "bashing" buggies before "bashing" was a thing. It's all about know your RC's limits.

Bashing is simply driving your RC vehicle around without rules and regulations. From vacant lots to mall parking lots; from the backyard to highway 181; from 1/24 to 1/4 scale RC platforms... it is all about you and your RC having fun ripping 'n' tearing around as fast, or slow, as you see fit. If a person wants to toss plastic, and metal toys 30' into the air... so be it. That's just one of many levels in the RC bashing world.

I'd love to get another 1/10 4wd buggy to bash. For my dirt situation though, I think an out in the open center 48P gear would not hold up. That's the part that scares me. Oh, well.

You do you.

I had some fun with my B74.2D outdoors until a stone trashed the spur gear.

D for ”Dirt”. Yes.

I think they should make a gearbox for the center diff and spur gear, like the one on the LC Racing LC12 B1. Race buggies were never that great for ”bashing before it was called bashing” but at least back then exposed gears were left to those 1/10th and 1/12th on-road cars. It’s sad that we can’t take an ”off-road” buggy even on a gravel road without risking it.

Thanks to @luke66 for the recommendation 🤣

Added a few mm's of ride height from my base setup for the local track. Also got out my old carpet tires. This set is worn down and ill never use again so it should be fine for just bashing around. But, which set would be more better? Old set of carpet tires (pins worn down) or slicks? My set of slicks have a larger sidewall than the carpet set. 🤔

I'll use one of my old maclan packs and ill take it out when this rain gets out of here. Need a new body anyways so ill keep this one as my basher or practice body, and my new one will be my pretty race body. View attachment 189194View attachment 189191View attachment 189189View attachment 189192View attachment 189193

From my own personal experience 1/10 race vehicles do not make the best bashers for jumping they are a lot more fragile than you would think. 1/8th scale race buggy's and truggies are better suited for bashing.

Yea I took it out the other day. Ideally only want to use it in the alley and do some AWD drifts.

Back