Barnfab Team Associated RC10 40th Anniversary Edition build thread. (WITH UPDATES)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This afternoon I was fooling around with component locations before I solder anything together. Trying to find a nice layout and keep the balance nice. This is what I came up with. Nothing is locked in yet. I also think I’m going to solder bullets somewhere in the length of the motor wires. For better serviceability. There’s also a screenshot of the corner weights in this current configuration with the body on. If anyone has any input, I’m all ears 👂

IMG_3233.jpeg

IMG_3229.jpeg

Looks good.

If I build mine, I won't go back in time quite so far as you did... the piano wire servo linkage and all-thread steering links will be upgraded like I did way back when.
The piano wire and steering stuff is all temporary. I’m just waiting for proper length Ti turnbuckles to come available. Going to use current metric ball studs and B6 cups for everything. I don’t think that stock stuff is going to last a whole race day. 😂

The piano wire and steering stuff is all temporary. I’m just waiting for proper length Ti turnbuckles to come available. Going to use current metric ball studs and B6 cups for everything. I don’t think that stock stuff is going to last a whole race day. 😂
Yeah the RC10 did have some weak spots, which even the cheaper models have eliminated these days.

I still have a set of blued steel RC10 turnbuckles in my parts bins, along with a few spare ball studs/cups - hoarder? who? Me? :hehe:

zi7TVyO.jpg

Yeah the RC10 did have some weak spots, which even the cheaper models have eliminated these days.

I still have a set of blued steel RC10 turnbuckles in my parts bins, along with a few spare ball studs/cups - hoarder? who? Me? :hehe:

zi7TVyO.jpg
Ooh that reminds me I have a bunch of links from my slash that might work. Gonna have to dig them out when I get a chance. They just use a 3mm cap screw. No ball stud.

I did a little more tinkering this afternoon. I’m pretty much settled on running the modern brushless gear so I started doing some of the soldering. (I have no patience and MUST BUILD if it’s not done) I’m pretty happy with the way the motor wires are laying up. The sensor wire might be good, but we’ll see if it picks up any interference tucked like that, I don’t think it’ll be an issue though. The only thing I’m not thrilled with is the way the motor is clocked. I wish it was 10° more vertical. The “C” post is really close to the rear skid plate. I’ll fool with that more another day.

Tried a different layout and got similar results on the scales too. I kinda like this one. I still have to get the battery tray from my folk’s place. So there won’t be a final decision until I mock that up.

Another thing that’s at their place is my DR10, I really want to see how its transmission compares in size to the 6 gear. My brain keeps telling me it’s just an adapted stealth transmission as most of AE’s stuff is. You can see direct design lineage from this car to the modern stuff. It’s just really hard to make the comparison from pictures on the internet.

Layout #2

IMG_3242.jpeg

Clean motor wiring:

IMG_3238.jpeg
IMG_3235.jpeg

IMG_3236.jpeg

And scales for this layout:
IMG_3241.png

Back