Gasoline powered HPI Savage XL Octane
It's been rumored now for sometime but it looks like HPI is finally putting this together. The new HPI Savage XL Octane is a 4x4 monster truck raised to a whole new height with it's gasoline powered 15cc engine. Could this be the beginning of the end for "nitro"?
Fans are now treated to a newly updated design of the legendary Savage platform with an awesome gasoline engine that will surprise even the most experienced drivers. The new HPI Savage XL Octane has a host of features that throw the rulebook out and all in a great Ready-To-Run package. This revolutionary new engine will give you more torque along with longer runtimes. Combined with the host of new updated performance parts to the legendary Savage platform, the HPI Savage XL Octane will leave all other competitors in the dust!
HPI Savage XL Octane features
- 15CC gasoline powered “Octane” engine.
- Ducted fan design keeps the engine cooler and more efficient.
- Tuned pipe matches perfect to the “Octane” engine for increased torque and overall power.
- Composite, triple-disc brake system.
- XL truck body with scale detail and thick polycarbonate for increased toughness.
- Extra-strength composite roll cage increases durability.
- Extra large fuel tank increases the already amazing runtime.
- Alloy TVP (Twin Vertical Plate) chassis.
- Full-time shaft drive 4WD system for maximum grip, power and acceleration.
- Proven 2-stage, oversized, oil-filled shocks.
- Sealed all-metal differentials with bulletproof bevel gears help tame the massive torque.
- 2.4GHz radio technology.
- Tough dual-stage air filter.
- Heavy-duty cam-type servo saver steering system.
- All-terrain tires w/ standardized Savage 17mm Hex Hubs.
- Proven Savage XL 3 Speed transmission.
- Proven Savage XL suspension uprights.
- Machined Steel Spur Gear.
- High Torque Metal Gear Steering Servo.
- Rechargeable receiver pack and charger.
- Front and rear bumpers help protect against big hits.
- Extra tough slipper clutch for drivetrain security.
There is no word from HPI yet regarding price or part number but we can assure you as soon as this information is released RCNT will be letting you know in detail as we'll be keeping a close eye on this one for sure!
To be released early Spring 2013!
Discuss the latest news about the Savage Octane in our HPI Savage Forum!
Get all your HPI news here on RCNitroTalk.