Which links for SCX24?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which of these two sets of links would you guys use on the 24? I was going to go after the brass ones until I read his disclaimer at the bottom about the link ends.

Hand made brass set

Hot Racing Aluminum set
The HR or Treal would be what I will go with, but not a priority. There are a few different sizes from Axial availble for these, and you can get the longer ones and bend them with heat from a reflow. I think that is what Pat did for Taco.

I will say this...
Based on some experience with Treal customer service on a replacement - they are awesome. And the quality of their machining is superb. Hot Racing stuff - it's ok. Not superb though 😉

Last edited:
The HR or Treal would be what I will go with, but not a priority. There are a few different sizes from Axial availble for these, and you can get the longer ones and bend them with heat from a reflow. I think that is what Pat did for Taco.

I will say this...
Based on some experience with Treal customer service on a replacement - they are awesome. And the quality of their machining is superb. Hot Racing stuff - it's ok. Not superb though 😉
Who makes the best oil filled shocks?

Last edited:
You don't really want oil filled shocks on it. The stock shocks are fine. These small rigs - oil viscosity scaled up is through the roof

But it really depends on what you are planning for it I guess. Check out...
https://moforc.com/
https://www.myminifactory.com/users/Little Guy Racing Parts
Little Guy Racing also has a Shapeways store.
Well I'm doing a brushless conversion on it and the main brushless motors that are being used for this purpose are outrunners. The problem with the outrunners are when you really get on the throttle the torque from the can rotating torques the whole rig sideways momentarily. I need something better than the stock shocks to help alleviate the torque twist thats created and the only way I can think to do that is better shocks.

Well I'm doing a brushless conversion on it and the main brushless motors that are being used for this purpose are outrunners. The problem with the outrunners are when you really get on the throttle the torque from the can rotating torques the whole rig sideways momentarily. I need something better than the stock shocks to help alleviate the torque twist thats created and the only way I can think to do that is better shocks.
Are you building it into a basher or rock bouncer? You aren't going to see much torque twist in a crawler. Even with an outrunner. I don't know of any 24th scale shocks that aren't friction shocks. Even on 1/16 scale, my WPL's didn't do well at all when I experimented with oil filled shocks, so I went back to friction shocks.

The Furitek Teko brushless kit comes out this month. You might wait for that one. It looks to be the best kit coming available. You can get the Lizard esc and Komodo motor which looks to be badass as well. There are a couple budget build series on YT right now buy Matt and Josh from Scale Builders Guild. They are each building SCX24's and releasing vids every week. Pretty good series so far.

IDk what I'm building in to exactly just yet. I'm exploring possibilities atm. but the brushless sytem will definitely give it torque twist when you goose the throttle on stock shocks. Check out THIS video starting at about 6:50 mark. HR makes a set of oil filled shocks for it but they are out of stock everywhere.

I got half a mind to try and cram a 1/18scale Castle brushless motor in it. Whatever motor I end up putting though I'm definitely putting a Castle micro mabma 2 ESC in it.

Back