wheel extender pins are retarted

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rctimewaster

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i remove the grub screw that goes inside the extender that's rests against the pin and when i removed the grub screw i was expecting the pin to fall or tap out.
Wrong!
They won't screw out.
IMG_20231106_101836_650.jpg

IMG_20231106_101919_580.jpg

85180rearweb.jpg

Last edited:
It' actually a small hex bolt that goes inside the extender and that did come out.
But how those screw pins can come out is beyond me, and there is nothing on the end of them to even allow them to screw out.

Those pins look like some one tightened them until they twisted them in two, then removed the threaded portion, which is why they are flush on one side but recessed past the threads on the other side.

I would try tapping them out, with a good fitting drive punch inserted into the threaded hole. You shouldn't have to pound on them to get them to move.

Those pins look like some one tightened them until they twisted them in two, then removed the threaded portion
i don't believe the threaded portion has been removed because the rest of the pin would just drop out.
I did hit them with a hammer and they did not budge.

Try turning to the left and pushing a small screwdriver through the other side at the same time. Just don't stab yourself.

Last edited:
Someone may have put loctite on them. It appears when you removed the hex, the pins were siezed in the hole and broke off. Add heat and tap them out.

Thank you.
I started drilling on one side and got half way through and now i have given up there stuck in good and the pins are not soft metal at least the bearings are still good.
I'll put them back on the rear of the bahja as is, maybe they will still hold together or break.
edit: the extenders will go back onto a Baha i bought and it's got a steel body cage.

349979045_7183132558369346_7362007393796752427_n.jpg

Last edited:
I'm gonna do this to the Baha.

Back