What's the difference?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hyster

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Sorry to put a repost here. What is the difference in a 4600kv and a 5700kv brushless system? Was looking at two type of CC Sidewinder set ups.

Does that mean one tops out better and the other has more torque. If so, which is which?

the 5700 will have more torque, and top end. personaly, i would go with the 4600 with a 3s (11.1 volt) lipo. The 5700 gets to hot (dont ask me how i know.) and will burn up above a 2s (7.1 volt.) So 4600kv x 11.1 volts = 51,060 5700kv X 7.2 volts = 41,040, more RPM, higher speed and torque, longer runtime. just my :2cents:

I always thought it was that lower Kv motors had more torque and higher Kv motors had higher top end.

they both will get to top speed in about 1.5 seconds.

The lower the kv the higher the torque, and the cooler they will run dependant of course on the gearing. The higher the kv the faster, dependant on gearing and voltage, and WILL be a pain to keep cool.
2s is 7.4v. Lipo is 3.7v/cell and NiMh is 1.2v/cell.

The lower the kv the higher the torque, and the cooler they will run dependant of course on the gearing. The higher the kv the faster, dependant on gearing and voltage, and WILL be a pain to keep cool.
2s is 7.4v. Lipo is 3.7v/cell and NiMh is 1.2v/cell.
I know you can add a fan to the ESC but can you some how get one to vent the motor too or would that be effective at all?

the heat sink on the novak HV motors is GREAT. If you can get a very tight fitting motor heat sink it will certainly pull alot of heat away from it.

You can get fans for the 540 size cans, and heatsinks do work very well on the motors, just make sure you get some of that glue stuff that works as a heat transfer. It makes a huge difference.

best thing to use is artic silver. i don't use any because the fit is sooo tight with the heat sink. It basically just fills in the microscopic gaps between the two surfaces. Be careful to only use a very very very thin layer if you do use it.

Back