What truggy? Help me choose?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, it has the 14mm hexes so anything that has that size wheel hex will work. You can even go the route and get the 23 mm wheels and tires.

Oh thats cool then, the Stadium is back in the running lol. How is the steering servo it comes with? Can it turn 40 Series ok do you think? The Lightning GT has 2...this is so hard lol. XLB has 175 oz./in. ...uuurrgghhhh! lol

Thanks for your help guys.

i think the lightning is the best one right now ..the gt is like a mt so i guess u wouldnt like it ..its like the improved dirtdemon..almost same as the mammoth ..id get the lightning if ur getting now ..but if u can wait get the thunder tiger or the jammin

Isn't the GT almost exactly the same as the Stadium, with a different servo tray and tuned pipe? Well and wheels/tires? Both have a center diff don't they?

badboy2 have you taken a look at the lightning gt? its the same truck with 4 extra shocks, dual steering servos, spool center diff and a different pipe. It will handle just as good if you change the tires.

AC I used the stock servo for about 2 min because it crapped out on me. From what I saw it did the trick. I've also read that its the same servo as the stock savage one.

The tunder tiger truck didn't do well at the gas nationals last weekend, but the jamin truck did. If you ask me its not about truck ability because they are all pretty much on the same level. It comes down to driver ability.

Cool vb, do you think the spool center diff would be better for me because I bash? Or do you think a center diff would be better? I drive mostly on grass and loose dirt, sometimes sandpit type areas but not that often.

yeah i saw it at hs and i wasn't impressed at all ,yeah the dual steering looks good but i still didnt like it

4u6pty.gif

Last edited:
The spool gives it equal power both front and back. Its like the transmission in your old savage, 50% to the front and 50% to the back.

thats the thunder tiger i wish imageshack works for bigger pix

Yea I know what it does, just wondering whether or not that would be better or would a center diff be better for just going anywhere lol.

Ok I got a 15$ coupon at tower so heres what I can get them for:

XTM XLB - 492.98$ shipped
Hot Bodies Lightning Stadium RR RTR - 472.98$ shipped (its on order :()
Hot Bodies Lightning Stadium GT - 472.98$ shipped

I've seen them a tad cheaper other places but this is a starting point I guess.

Center Diff will give more control....center Spool will be wild and over power some turning ability....

dsc014073nq.jpg
[/IMG]
well heres my mgen mbx truggy

So pretty much everyone likes the Stadium better...I like it too. I have a Wasp .28 to put in anything I get so that will be awesome. I could sell the enigne it comes with and buy a better steering servo and use the stock one as throttel and brakes.

So I think its down to the Lightning Stadium or the XTM XLB. The XLB has the SH .28, but I do have a Wasp .28 to put in the Stadium so I guess that isn't a huge deal.

vb, how is parts availability for the Stadium? I can get all the parts I need for the XLB on hobbypeople. Any hop ups other than the aluminum arms?

Thanks again for all your help.

Parts have to be bought from A-main hobbies or any other big shop tower is usually late in getting stuff for it. Alot of kyosho parts fit well on the truggy also. If you do get the truck get some revo pushrods and brace up the chassis. www.hotbodiesforum.com has some great info for the truck.

yup the hb lightning stadium is the good one out right now u might wanna check that one roller on ebay

Its ok to post ebay links, thanks. I really would like to go new though. By the time I guy all the stuff it needs I'll be near the price of a new one anyway.

I looked on A-Main and they have all the parts, just a lot of them are out of stock. Absolutely no where has them in stock. Has anyone ever gone here http://www.zonecentral.org/products/kits/kits.htm ?? They have the pro for 519.99$ but so does Ultimate Hobbies. Ultimate is out of them too...I found a few on eBay though, all for around 460$, may have to get one on ebay.

If you are not racing at all, I think the lightning GT is your best bet, it is built for the person leaning towards the bashing but if they want to race it they still can even with a few changes like center diff. and run it like the race trucks. But if you want the LS RR RTR there is a bunch on ebay right now and they are all under $500 it is the PRO that is near impossible to get.
Just my thoughts though..

See that is what I was thinking. The GT looks better for bashing, aww great now I have to think about that one again lol. So noone really likes the XLB?

Both are impossible to get in stores other than ebay. I haven't found any Pro's anywhere instock.