What is best

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MRXCLUSIVE760

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
i am new at the NITRO RC
i want to know what is better to have and least inexpensive when it breaks
Pull start or Easy Start

Please let me know
Any recommendations

EZ-START is a traxxas specific thing, but can be modded. Pull start is more common and less likely to break, and neither change how easy the engine is to start, that all depends on tune and conditions. What are you planning on buying?

EZ-START is a traxxas specific thing, but can be modded. Pull start is more common and less likely to break, and neither change how easy the engine is to start, that all depends on tune and conditions. What are you planning on buying?

I am trying to buy the traxxas t maxx monster truck
1/10 but i am sti u decided about which one to go with but i defenetly want a monster truck looking nitro rc truck

Yea that is a really good point...batteries r a hastle :thumbs-down:
Ok kool
So then now
Can someone please recommend me a nitro truck similar style to the t maxx i guess i like the way they look mean looking ...i want one with speed and can get some good air and be good for desert

Plus one on a hpi savage it comes with a roto start to start with and if it dont work you can use q drill. And when the motor dies theres alot of drop in engines with pull starts which will be beast like lrp picco and many more. To boot theres many many mods and upgrades you can do. I've had alot of trucks and the savages in my opinion is the best. It will take a beating to I've jumped mine over 50ft many many times bone stock. I have i think 7 together and about 4 or so in parts.

Well i think i still need to do some more reasearch then cuz i was leaning to the traxxas t maxx monster truck it looks really good and seen lots of videos too
I am thinking of buying a nitro rc this weekend but if u guys have other options please let me know i can wait before i buy anything

Well i think i still need to do some more reasearch then cuz i was leaning to the traxxas t maxx monster truck it looks really good and seen lots of videos too
I am thinking of buying a nitro rc this weekend but if u guys have other options please let me know i can wait before i buy anything
Buy the savage buddy its bigger more powerful and will take more of a beating. Not trying to down the maxx but the savage is the better of the two hands down in my option. But thats me.

And one other thing if you would like to put a big block engine in a maxx you have to buy a special mount or chassis just to put it in. The savage they all drop in with the same mount.

Last edited:
If your looking to run in sand a lot, I'd go with something that has a big block to deal with the extra strain better. The savage is probably your best option. I'd just make sure to get RPM's center skid to keep some of the sand from blowing into your center axle cups.

If your looking to run in sand a lot, I'd go with something that has a big block to deal with the extra strain better. The savage is probably your best option. I'd just make sure to get RPM's center skid to keep some of the sand from blowing into your center axle cups.

i am going to go see them this weekend and definitely want to buy one,
and hope they have the savage in stock so i can compare with the one i want to get, the only thing that
sucks is that when your at the hobby store its hard to really get an opinion because in most cases all they want to do
is sell:eek::eek::eek::eek:

what scale is available for the savage!!!
havent had a chance to look into it

definitely the 1/8 looks like a beast
i think the savage is the way i am leaning towards to
now i hope that the stores i am going to visit this weekend have it in stock
its a top seller i bet!!!
and the price is about a little under 600.00$ or about there right!!!
i am looking at some youtube videos now
LOOKS LIKE THATS THE ONE!!!:thumbs-up::thumbs-up::thumbs-up:

compared to my electric stampede!!!
its like WOW!!!:eek::eek::eek:

A few glow plugs, gallon of 20% fuel, rechargable glow heater (with charger if you don't have one). The roto-start uses a 7.2v stick pack I think and it comes with a wall charger for that. Odds are, it will take hours to charge with the supplied charger. You should make sure it comes with a stick pack.

Also, a good receiver pack will make your life better vs using AA's. The savage uses a hump pack (2/3A cell with 3 on bottom, 2 on top). Get one with a charging lead so you don't have to take it out to charge it, just make a notch somewhere in the receiver box so you can dangle the lead out to get at it. I put a charge receptacle on my savage.

It's hack, but I just used a spare old skid plate and cut a rectangle to cover the battery indicator slot with and put the receptacle in it.
2012-1223-SavageChargeJack.jpg

Also, might want to check and see if they have an RPM center skid for the X. Fairly cheap, but keeps crap from getting jammed up in the center cups and breaking your brake disks. I have one on mine and really like it:
2013-0316-SavageX-BottomSkid.jpg

You have no limits regarding upgrades.

View attachment 17218

This sounds really expensive
jajaj....but there is really a lot of detail to look for
your truck looks really clean ...nice job
but yea i mean your the expert if you think i need all the stuff u mentioned then lets do this
cuz the last thing i want is be out there in the desert and just be strugglin!!!

soo tomorrow i am going to the HOBBY SHOP ///:D:D:D:D:D:D

Savage is the best out of the box. Nothing special needed to make it better. I just got creative for the sake of bling.