what could it be???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dj_doogle

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hey i have found an FG Marder that i would like to get... only problem is that the steering doesn't work and the engine will start but it has no drive... what could it be?

Is the servo turning? Is it a 1.4 scale servo? are the turnbuckles connected to the part that hooks to the servo (loss of words...). What do you mean it has not drive? No shafts?

What he means is, that the FG marder buggy is a flea bay (or ex flea bay) Rig, and in the description it states "it starts, engine revs but wont move" and "there is a problem with the steering so it does not steer" or words to that effect (i have seen the flea bay auction page, but can't remember the exact wording used).

Doogle, i know we talked about this privately and what i said then still stands, in that, it could possibly be a clutch or drive gear issue in the case of it not moving, or a diff issue (if it has one).

As to the steering, as stated above, and as i mentioned prior, it could be that the servo is screwed, the servo arm is off the servo, the links are not connected or even, god forbid, a blown channel on the RX unit.

And in answer to your earlier question on that during private convo doogle, NO, its not worth what you stated, but perhaps just the rig and TX unit as mentioned.