traxxas 2.5r

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwbikerboy7

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have a Traxxas 2.5r I think my receiver is bad idk when i try to use the steering it just clicks everything dose the gas idk i just want to fix it and idk what's wrong with it its kinda making me pissed i don't want to buy something i don't need please help i want get better parts after its done

Have you tried fresh batteries or freshly recharged battery packs on the truck?

Not sure what truck you have, but just clicking when you try to turn sounds like the servo gears may have stripped. If it's a stock Traxxas servo, they are good for that, but can be rebuilt on the way cheap.

I would check the batteries first. If you're using AA Alkaline batteries for the receiver (RX) you may want to upgrade to a 5-cell NiMH rechargeable pack. This tends to be more reliable in the long run.

As far as repairing the servos if they turn out to be bad, I tend to replace/upgrade them.

I'd check the batteries but we could do with more information and pictures first :)

AA Alkaline batteries work fine and are reliable, but I I prefer the 5-cell nimh packs.

Sounds like a bad servo to me. Shop on amazon or ebay and you can typically get them pretty cheap. The LHS are a rip off!

Without LHS, we wouldn't have a hobby. Don't forget that. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but LHS are also a great place to connect with people you might otherwise not have, and you may even learn something at one. I shop online, but I'd rather pick up what I need at my LHS and support local business.

The LHS are a rip off!

Maybe they just like to rip YOU off. We prefer to do business with our local hobby shops because we can get parts immediately, support our neighborhood business, and keep some money in this country instead of looking for cheap chinese knockoffs.

Ever get the feeling you're being followed? So far you're 0 for 2.

Sorry that times are changing. I'll buy from LHS if I need a part immediately, or if the price is reasonable. There are not many true LHS stores these days. They all are nationwide chains like HobbyTown etc. I totally agree that they are a great place to meet local people.

One question. Do you shop at Walmart? :)

Personally... no. Yes, I shop at "big box" stores, but Wal-Mart is terrible. Customer service is horrible at best, and locally we have the "mightier than thou" crowd that keeps me away. I see your point, but... HobbyTown USA, while a nationwide chain store is not like Wal-Mart. They aren't corporately owned. They are like Ace Hardware or the Do-It center. Locally owned and operated.

We can go back and forth on this... Let's stay on topic and help this person get their RC car going. :)

Sorry that times are changing. I'll buy from LHS if I need a part immediately, or if the price is reasonable. There are not many true LHS stores these days. They all are nationwide chains like HobbyTown etc. I totally agree that they are a great place to meet local people.

One question. Do you shop at Walmart? :)
You do realize that Hobbytown USA is a franchise? This makes them generally locally owned.

I was about to order fuel online recently and gave in and drove an hour to my LHS that didn't close yet to buy fuel I didn't really want because I didn't want to pay a $30 hazard fee and $30 shipping. Granted, I was trying to order 4 gallons which would probably get me through a season...

The LHS that used to carry my fuel closed up shop after 20+ years... I found out because I tried calling them and the phone was disconnected.

Sure an LHS may hit you a bit on pricing, but if you run nitro, fuel is expensive to ship.

Back