Traxxas 2.4 radio?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frickenjoey

Official RCNT Cyber-Bully
Supporter
Active Military
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I was on the RC Plantet store site and I see this......So Traxxas has there own 2.4 system now? Does anyonw know what compatabilty they have? Wonder what they will be putting them on? Any info?

http://http://www.rcplanet.com/Traxxas_TQ_2_4GHz_Radio_System_4CH_No_Servos_p/tra2206.htm

Pulled from the Traxxas site

Traxxas TQ 2.4GHz 4-Channel
Spread Spectrum Radio System

For years, hobbyists have counted on the reliable, long-range operation and all-day comfort and balance of Traxxas’ TQ™ and TQ-3 radio systems. Now the TQ series is joined by the TQ 2.4GHz, which brings the convenience of crystal-free, channel-free operation to your RC experience. The transmitter and receiver are digitally “linked” for glitch-free operation without the need to monitor channels or frequencies; the 2.4GHz circuitry automatically locates and locks onto an open frequency each time you switch it on. The TQ 2.4GHz also features failsafe circuitry for total protection against signal loss, even if the transmitter batteries are depleted or the radio is accidentally switched off. In the event of signal loss or interference, the throttle and steering channels return to neutral to stop your model safely.

Features
  • Automatically locates and locks onto an open frequency when you switch it on
  • Four-channel micro receiver with two steering servo inputs for dual-servo use
  • No need to carry crystals or select channels
  • Built-in programmable failsafe
  • Comfortable TQ case design
  • Worry-free long range control
  • Traxxas reliability and support

Last edited:
No kidding....since I have never seen one in person I would not have guessed. There is no Traxxas support here on the island, so the only ones here are the ones brought in by Americans. Cool thanks Newviennajj

have you seen the 1/16 revo and slash yet?I'm not sure there out yet but they look cool .seen a vid on youtube

have you seen the 1/16 revo and slash yet?I'm not sure there out yet but they look cool .seen a vid on youtube
They look super cool. Good for "small back yard" bashing....lol. However I have seen a 1/16 scale race on a full sized offroad track....it was pretty funny to watch. Some of them do move pretty good though.

Oh I agree with you Coby I would much rather have an Airtronics. At least it has more adjustments than the two knobs on the TQ series radios.